Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
shilohh does this mean that I don't need to try P1LRIMs suggestion above regarding SIP protection?
I searched and found I should add this code in:

<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>0x3</string>
<key>BooterConfig</key>
<string>0x28</string>
</dict>

correct?

I have been doing a lot of searching regarding the bluetooth error, I could be completely wrong but a lot of people put it down to Nvidia card issue, as this is the next line that should come up when it crashes.. could this be the case.
Is it worth going to buy a new flash drive and creating an install disk from scratch?
Lastly would it be easier or worth a try to make a Yosemite install disk and see if that has the same issues?

Thanks, Nic

I purchased a new flash drive and made an installer for yosemite just to see if that works.
It worked perfectly, I am currently installing yosemite now on to a spare HDD. I had to roll the date back to get it to install, but fingers crossed it should all be fine.
Once I have verified that it all works I am going to try with El Capitan with this new flash drive and report back my findings.

shilohh does this mean that I don't need to try P1LRIMs suggestion above regarding SIP protection?
I searched and found I should add this code in:

<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>0x3</string>
<key>BooterConfig</key>
<string>0x28</string>
</dict>

correct?

I have been doing a lot of searching regarding the bluetooth error, I could be completely wrong but a lot of people put it down to Nvidia card issue, as this is the next line that should come up when it crashes.. could this be the case.
Is it worth going to buy a new flash drive and creating an install disk from scratch?
Lastly would it be easier or worth a try to make a Yosemite install disk and see if that has the same issues?

Thanks, Nic
I was going to suggest you try that too (SIP). Clover was taking care of SIP on it's own for kexts so I never included it in our configs but it's possible things have changed in newer builds. My best guess at this point is that you had a corrupted installer (bad USB stick). If capitan install fails again with the new USB stick, try the SIP entry in RT variables. If it still fails, try Deleting and re downloading the install app from apple ensuring that the Internet connection is never interrupted. Then recreate the installer USB installer. I've tried to make my suggestions methodical based on what takes the most time and effort.

In regards to the Bluetooth error, it's always present. It's not an indication of the actual problem but what come before it can point you in the right direction.

Last edited:
Firstly, Thank you so much for all your help.
Yosemite installed with no problems, got everything up and running.
Then I ran AutoDSDT.app and then downloaded and used "~/Downloads/audio_CloverALC-master/audio_cloverALC-110.sh" in terminal. I restarted and turned my ASMEDIA USB3.0 ports on again(my mistake...) I tried to start up and it goes in to boot loop, only staying on the apple for like 20 seconds before rebooting... again and again.
I am not too bummed as firstly I really want El Capitan anyway and will be installing that tomorrow, and secondly because I only installed it on a spare HDD and I am going to have to reinstall anyway on an SSD as once you have had your system drive on an SSD there is no going back!!
I would like to know if you have any idea what I did to "break" my perfectly working install. Before running AutoDSDT.app I did hold f4 for 2 seconds on the clover GUI but I got feedback to say it did anything( is this normal ?) Is it safer to just not run AutoDSDT next time and I would buy a nicer Audio interface anyway so I am not too bothered about on board audio so I can leave that step out aswell.

Once again, I can't thank you guys enough for all your help!!

Firstly, Thank you so much for all your help.
Yosemite installed with no problems, got everything up and running.
Then I ran AutoDSDT.app and then downloaded and used "~/Downloads/audio_CloverALC-master/audio_cloverALC-110.sh" in terminal. I restarted and turned my ASMEDIA USB3.0 ports on again(my mistake...) I tried to start up and it goes in to boot loop, only staying on the apple for like 20 seconds before rebooting... again and again.
I am not too bummed as firstly I really want El Capitan anyway and will be installing that tomorrow, and secondly because I only installed it on a spare HDD and I am going to have to reinstall anyway on an SSD as once you have had your system drive on an SSD there is no going back!!
I would like to know if you have any idea what I did to "break" my perfectly working install. Before running AutoDSDT.app I did hold f4 for 2 seconds on the clover GUI but I got feedback to say it did anything( is this normal ?) Is it safer to just not run AutoDSDT next time and I would buy a nicer Audio interface anyway so I am not too bothered about on board audio so I can leave that step out aswell.

Once again, I can't thank you guys enough for all your help!!
Hmm, I haven't looked at the files in a long time but you shouldn't need to run AutoDSDT. It's legacy. Plug in the USB installer. Boot holding down the f8 key to reach the bios's boot device selection screen. Choose the USB stick. When you reach the clover GUI, choose the ssdt that you installed to. Once booted into os x, eject the USB stick and unplug it. Mount the efi partition and go to clover/acpi/patched and delete DSDT.aml. Reboot. Then you you should be back up and running.

I ended up just re-installing the OS last night, wont be running the AutoDSDT this time...
I have one more question, In the post install folder(within AsusX79 folder) there is a "Sandy Bridge-E CPU config" folder this contains config.plist files for the different OS versions and boards(R4E & R4BE). My question should I be using the config.plist files from here as I have a sandy Bridge-E CPU or should I be using the one that is mentioned in the guide, the one found at /Install/R4E/Config/Clover Boot Drive/config.plist ?

So I just finished up to the end of step 10 on the guide restarted and its looping again, I have taken a photo of the kernel Panic I am getting before it restarts. This is so strange as last time when I restarted after this point(step 10) it restarted just fine and only gave this issue after running autoDSDT. I did everything the same as last time. My ethernet did not show up so I couldn't replace the last 12 digits of the UUID with the ethernet address but this was the case last time, and I did not have an issue...

Attachments

• IMG_20160828_123653_1.jpg
    IMG_20160828_123653_1.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 119
I tried booting using the install USB drive, and then selecting the macOS drive at the clover GUI and I get the same issue, but if I use the USB stick to boot to the installer again the issue is gone.... So Lost....

Remove the acpi files in question and test. Probably SSDT-1 but I'm not sure exactly what configuration you have.
So, the problem is not DSDT or SSDT related. I try to launch my Yosemite backup with my current Clover Install and the videos works well. I'm a little lost with this problem, because I don't think the solution is in the osX install (same problem with a new El Capitan clean install), I didn't change anything in the bios. I also try to reinstall the pro apps codecs and didn't change anything...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back