Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, as p1lgrim said the "slashed circle" symbol usually means the boot drive can't be found (in this case, a USB installer). 1st I'd try removing SSDT-8 from the CLOVER/acpi/patched folder after backing it up. See if you get any farther in the boot process. However, you won't have any keyboard or mouse so this won't get you all the way through the installation process.

Thanks guys,
Cool, so I have tried every USB2.0 port on this board, the only difference is that some of the back ports repeat the
"000010.720661 AppleUSB20HubPort@1d140000: AppleUSBHostPort::disconnect:: persistent enumeration failures" line a few times before the bluetooth line ( with a different port number where I underlined above) and when I tried using the USB2.0 port headers from the board to the front of my chassis, I didn't get that line at all... but in the end it gave me the same "Prohibatory symbol" result.
I have to run out now as I have a shoot to get to, but I will purchase a new flash drive on my way home, try again and report back with my findings.
Thanks again!!!
I really hope we can sort this out, don't want to have to get a Z170 build as I love my X79 and I really need the PCIe lanes..

If you are stopping at "Missing Bluetooth Controller" using your GTX 980 make sure that you are booting with nv_disable=1.

Removed, SSDT-8 from the folder on the EFI drive and tried again, using one the 3 suggested USB2.0 black rear ports.
I didn't get the enumeration failure line before the bluetooth line, but I did get the same "Prohibitory Symbol" end result...

If you are stopping at "Missing Bluetooth Controller" using your GTX 980 make sure that you are booting with nv_disable=1.
Sorry for being so new.. but how exactly do I check this..

Oh, and I have a GTX 970, does that make a difference?

Oh, and I have a GTX 970, does that make a difference?

My bad, a typo.

You can edit your config.plist to include nv_disable=1 or at the Clover boot screen press the right arrow to move to Options and then you can type it in there.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-enter-edit-boot-flags-in-clover.174319/

It is often quicker to use the forum Search tool (top right) to find the answer than it is to post a question and wait for a response.
The forum has been around for a long time and most questions have been asked and answered already.

Looks like it is already included, sorry for the stupid question. Will search first next time.

Attachments

• IMG_20160826_163824.jpg
    IMG_20160826_163824.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 84
Tried safe mode.. this was the result.
All shops closed now, but going to go and buy a new flash drive in the morning and build the install disk from scratch and see if that makes a difference.

Attachments

• IMG_20160826_212034.jpg
    IMG_20160826_212034.jpg
    885.1 KB · Views: 82
Tried safe mode.. this was the result.
All shops closed now, but going to go and buy a new flash drive in the morning and build the install disk from scratch and see if that makes a difference.

If you are no longer seeing "Still waiting for root device" then you probably don't need another flash drive.
The error shown in your picture is sometimes caused by not disabling SIP in your config.plist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back