Graphics
evga GTX 660
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
It face planted on my bathroom floor. Funny thing - I had a case on it but it slipped out on the impact I guess.
Even funnier - the screen works perfectly but the home button not. Lol.

Well now that I'm past the initial shock I'm looking for the cheapest way to repair the total damage.

I still have warranty on it, so I'm thinking I could go have the screen repaired in some iPhone repair shop and then later take it back to apple store and just say my home button isn't working. But what I am afraid is that they will see the screen was replaced and will refuse to repair it? What are the chances this will happen?

yeah getting it repaired from a phone shop and later sending it to apple should be okay, i would recommend posting it to them instead of going into the store. gives you better chance of it being replaced.
Thanks

It face planted on my bathroom floor. Funny thing - I had a case on it but it slipped out on the impact I guess.
Even funnier - the screen works perfectly but the home button not. Lol.

Well now that I'm past the initial shock I'm looking for the cheapest way to repair the total damage.

I still have warranty on it, so I'm thinking I could go have the screen repaired in some iPhone repair shop and then later take it back to apple store and just say my home button isn't working. But what I am afraid is that they will see the screen was replaced and will refuse to repair it? What are the chances this will happen?
If you get the glass replaced by a non-Apple authorized shop, it will void the warranty, and they will definitely be able to tell. Replacing the glass is not that difficult, but would be silly to attempt if the phone if you have a protection plan / warranty that covers broken screens. If you don't check you tube for videos on how to do it. Only requires a good heat gun, thin plastic blade, and patience. The home button is likely to still be functional, but it is possible the face plant damaged the display as well as the glass. Only way you're going to know is by replacing the glass with fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back