Contribute
Register

How To Use iBoot + MultiBeast on a Sandy Bridge System

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your DSDT isnt available here yet then there is a pretty good app over at insanelymac

DSDT Auto-Patcher

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=235523

Got my Power managment working 100%

There is a pretty good alternative to using Bridgehelper too. I'm running the early 2011 imac kernel which seems to be very stable. Installed the combo update from 10.6.6 and had to do little tweaking to get up and running.

Can someone help me pls?

I have the components i put into my profile.

I downloaded i'Boot and iBoot Legacy

When i boot iboot and swap in the osx retail disc (or rip the retail disc to a usb drive, doesn't matter) and boot it i get:

KP "Unable to find driver for this platform "ACPI" ...

Some way to fix this?

Okay i played with the bios settings and now i can get past that error. But now it is stuck at "Waiting for dsmos" for about 10 minutes now. What is causing this error?

Also it doesnt matter if i boot with iboot or iboot legacy

Tried to boot with iboot 3, then from retail DVD in verbose mode.
Who can explain me in what a problem? :think:

Attachments

• 15052011004[1].jpg
    15052011004[1].jpg
    399.6 KB · Views: 515
tonymacx86 said:
Here's a short guide based on iBoot + MultiBeast to help Sandy Bridge get up and running with the new 10.7.3 vanilla kernel.

What you need:
-Mac OS X Snow Leopard Retail DVD
-iBoot 3.0 or newer
-MultiBeast 3.5 or newer
-10.6.7 Combo Update
-BridgeHelper

Before You Start
If running a Gigabyte Sandy Bridge motherboard with a Core i5-2500K, you MUST set your CPU Multiplier to 32x. Default 33x will cause instant reboot.

Installation:
1. Follow all Tips & Recommendations
2. Install using iBoot + Retail DVD
3. Boot with iBoot
4. Set up Computer
5. Run Combo Update - DON’T REBOOT
6. Run MultiBeast with UserDSDT + System Utilities*
7. Run BridgeHelper
8. Reboot from hard drive

*If you have a fixed DSDT.aml, place it on the desktop before step 6. If you do NOT have a DSDT.aml, install NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in addition to UserDSDT.

Post Installation

Audio
If using Realtek ALC8xx Audio Codec: Install ALC8xxHDA + AppleHDA Rollback + HDAEnabler for your specific codec. All others use VoodooHDA.

NVIDIA Graphics
If using NVIDIA 4xx "Fermi" card, you must install tonymacx86 NVIDIA Update after Combo Update.

ATI Graphics
If using ATI 5xxx/6xxx supported cards, you can have native ATI injection or use the default GraphicsEnabler=Yes. To test, install the ATI 1.6.32.12 Drivers via MultiBeast. Then change to GraphicsEnabler=No and reboot.

Network
For Realtek 81xx Ethernet, install Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx.

NOTE: Some Gigabyte Boards have updated 8111E, and need the Official Realtek Driver 2.0.6. Now available in MultiBeast 3.5.0.

I am stuck here after everything and booting without the iBoot. Any idea why?

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB DDR3 1600

Attachments

• Stuck Successful Install.jpg
    Stuck Successful Install.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 517
iBulat said:
Tried to boot with iboot 3, then from retail DVD in verbose mode.
Who can explain me in what a problem? :think:

1. Boot off of the iBoot disk.
2. Wait for the bootloader to finish loading.
3. Once your are at the Chimera bootloader screen remove the iBoot CD.
4. Pop in your retail OS X installation DVD.
5. Wait for the light on the drive to go out.
6. Press F5 (which you forgot to do).
7. Once the Mac OS X Installation DVD appears navigate (using your arrow keys) to it and hit "Enter".
8. Wait for OS X to load.

9. And you should be fine and able to proceed. At 7. Don't choose any any verbose stuff, just hit "Enter'

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB DDR3 1600

I bought a new graphics card (Gigabyte Ge-Force 430 GT) and finally put the Snow Leo on the hard drive. Thanks for the help :)

I am glad I could help!
I still can't get it to work, and now when it is done installing I can't go to the set up because the keyboard is not working. For me it is a problem after another!
Anyways, enjoy!

doesn't work audio ALC889. video GT 430 too, only 1024x768. nvidia update installed. KP when monitor dims. mouse twitches after the first run of the system, until I press any button on the keyboard. keyboard PS/2.

iBulat said:
doesn't work audio ALC889. video GT 430 too, only 1024x768. nvidia update installed. KP when monitor dims. mouse twitches after the first run of the system, until I press any button on the keyboard. keyboard PS/2.

Run multi beast check system utiliti , alc8xx , apple hda roll back, non dsdt hda enabler alc889 , 64 bit apple boot ,run ,then install chameleon chimera Standalone Installer. reboot :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back