Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Prime Z270-A
CPU
I7-7700K
Graphics
R9 280X
Hi,

I have been having some issues getting a Sapphire R9 270X to work properly in OS X 10.8.5.
The circumstances surrounding that are posted elsewhere.

Anyway: I am trying to apply a DSDT patch that injects info about the graphics card, but the patch requires DTGP Method.
I have found a few posts that explain what that is and provide the code to add, however, no matter how I attempt to add the code MaciASL says input file does not appear to be an asl or data table source file when I try to compile.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Add the RehabMan repositories for MaciASL

Hi,

I have been having some issues getting a Sapphire R9 270X to work properly in OS X 10.8.5.
The circumstances surrounding that are posted elsewhere.

Anyway: I am trying to apply a DSDT patch that injects info about the graphics card, but the patch requires DTGP Method.
I have found a few posts that explain what that is and provide the code to add, however, no matter how I attempt to add the code MaciASL says input file does not appear to be an asl or data table source file when I try to compile.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Be sure that you are extracting the DSDT correctly. Press F4 at Clover and boot clean DSDT which you've extracted freshly from ACPI goes in EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin.

Thanks for the responses guys!
I did manage to get DTGP Method added to the DSDT and got everything to compile, however, I still couldn't get the 270x to work / boot correctly so I gave up on the card and have moved on to a GTX 680.

Thanks for the responses guys!
I did manage to get DTGP Method added to the DSDT and got everything to compile, however, I still couldn't get the 270x to work / boot correctly so I gave up on the card and have moved on to a GTX 680.

DTGP is for DSDT patching but Clover doesn't require it. But making edits in a DSDT is needed for DTGP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back