Contribute
Register

Help with audio intel hm76 chipset

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in AppleHDA you're telling me that it won't work because the lack of layout275.xml.zlib? How do i fix that?

Did you create the AppleHDA or did you find it somewhere? If found somewhere, it is not worth fixing. Given that it never could have worked, means it has never been tested. The chances of going through the very complex process of creating patched AppleHDA, making a fundamental mistake like mismatched layout-id/missing layout file, and having the rest "correct" is very minimal.

In ioreg analysis, you mean that i probably don`t have Realtek ALC275?

I don't know. Just that AppleHDA is not loaded. Usually that is a codec mismatch between the AppleHDA that you have and your hardware, failure to patch the AppleHDA.kext/MacOS/AppleHDA binary correctly (or at all), or some other major goof.

The only way for you to determine what exact codec you have is to collect a codec dump from Linux.

So in AppleHDA you're telling me that it won't work because the lack of layout275.xml.zlib? How do i fix that?
In ioreg analysis, you mean that i probably don`t have Realtek ALC275?

1.go to http://sourceforge.net/projects/une...bootin-mac-608.zip/download?use_mirror=freefr
get unetbootin.
place in your laptop an USB format as MS-dos *fat*
get last ubuntu 14.04 live click OK. this will make you an linux live usb.
2.after you launch ubuntu Live OPEN Terminal.
type in :

cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#1 > ~/Desktop/codec_dump.txt
or
cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#0 > ~/Desktop/codec_dump.txt
save that file, email to you , save it . whatever you want.
Exit linux.

boot into your mac
then read here:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/295001-guide-to-patch-applehda-for-your-codec/
from the line `In OS X, we use the codec_dump for a graphical interface, convert it to decimal (I'll explain why later), get him codec verbs and correct them for OS X.`
And do exactly what the guide is tell you to do. from that line.

Did you create the AppleHDA or did you find it somewhere? If found somewhere, it is not worth fixing. Given that it never could have worked, means it has never been tested. The chances of going through the very complex process of creating patched AppleHDA, making a fundamental mistake like mismatched layout-id/missing layout file, and having the rest "correct" is very minimal.

I don't know. Just that AppleHDA is not loaded. Usually that is a codec mismatch between the AppleHDA that you have and your hardware, failure to patch the AppleHDA.kext/MacOS/AppleHDA binary correctly (or at all), or some other major goof.

The only way for you to determine what exact codec you have is to collect a codec dump from Linux.
I'm patching applehda by myself, I got the codec dump from Linux , but when I try to fix the apple hda, I don see the infoplist to modify. And that apple hda is the original from mavericks 10.9.3. I go to system, library, extensions, apple hda, and I don't see the infoplist, neither there or inside the plugins. What's happening?

I'm patching applehda by myself, I got the codec dump from Linux , but when I try to fix the apple hda, I don see the infoplist to modify. And that apple hda is the original from mavericks 10.9.3. I go to system, library, extensions, apple hda, and I don't see the infoplist, neither there or inside the plugins. What's happening?

what is your codec id ?

Attachments

• codec_dump.txt
    11.2 KB · Views: 211
It is Realtek ALC275.
Oh yes, I know that. What I don't know is the codec ID. Realtek ALC275 is the audio codec. I can't continue now because of this kernel panic when booting without -x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    761.4 KB · Views: 114
Oh yes, I know that. What I don't know is the codec ID. Realtek ALC275 is the audio codec. I can't continue now because of this kernel panic when booting without -x

Codec ID is Realtek ALC275 (10ec0275).

Pictured KP is power management issue. See PM sticky at the top of this forum.

Codec ID is Realtek ALC275 (10ec0275).

Pictured KP is power management issue. See PM sticky at the top of this forum.
I get stuck in the apple white logo after dsdt placed in extra and after generating a MacBook Air 5,2 with chameleon wizard. It keeps "loading" in the grey apple logo

I get stuck in the apple white logo after dsdt placed in extra and after generating a MacBook Air 5,2 with chameleon wizard. It keeps "loading" in the grey apple logo

Boot verbose so you can see what is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back