Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey all, i'm trying to get Multibeast to install a custom DSDT file for my Asus Rampage II Extreme board. It has a X58 chipset. There wasn't a file for my specific board on the DSDT Database so i had to create my own. The process seemed to go smoothly but Multibeast isn't reading the info applied to the DSDT file, therefore i don't have important utilities like audio and network.

Does anyone have the same motherboard? Can i use another DSDT file from another ASUS X58 chipset or are they specifically taylored for each board?

Any help is appreciated!

ofriendoe said:
Hey all, i'm trying to get Multibeast to install a custom DSDT file for my Asus Rampage II Extreme board. It has a X58 chipset. There wasn't a file for my specific board on the DSDT Database so i had to create my own. The process seemed to go smoothly but Multibeast isn't reading the info applied to the DSDT file, therefore i don't have important utilities like audio and network.

Does anyone have the same motherboard? Can i use another DSDT file from another ASUS X58 chipset or are they specifically taylored for each board?

Any help is appreciated!
If you placed a DSDT.aml file on your desktop and ran MultiBeast selecting UserDSDT and then checked your /Extra folder and found a DSDT.aml file there, then MultiBeast did its job properly. Audio and network need kext files in S/L/E to work properly. Did you select the proper kext files in MultiBeast for your board? Seems a little more research is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back