Help ATI 4550 not working (except with no drivers at all LOL

Discussion in 'Graphics' started by terramir, Aug 25, 2010.

1. terramir

terramir

Mobo:
    self built
    CPU:
    i5 3570K
    Graphics:
    HD4000
    Aug 25, 2010 #1
    terramir

terramir

Mobo:
    self built
    CPU:
    i5 3570K
    Graphics:
    HD4000
    :cry: While the 4550 is supported in the 4500 graphics kext all I get is a black screen, this is somehow because the framebuffer defaults to dvi output, and well i got nothing here that takes DVI, (VGA adapter doesn't work either). As of right now I can't even see what graphics buffer the card uses because the only way for me to get this thing to display anything is to boot into -s and delete all ati drivers :(. This card should work with mac-OSX but it seems like the framebuffer is written for some sort of laptop I think. (Edit) I'm running 10.6.2 and both the ATI4500 AND X2000 kexts list my card but no dice :(
    Now I'm willing to experiment if someone can point me on how I can make this card load certain frame buffers and which ones have the best chance of working.
    If no one can help me with this maybe something else you guys could be helpful on, I dun have much money, and I would like to buy a video card (if I have too) that could be used to fool mac-OS into thinking it was a 320M or 330M so the video acceleration framework for flash and plex would work :)
    Let me know what you guys know Please
    BTW I'm stuck with VGA cause I dun have an HDMI cable and this 26 inch tv which is my monitor only has hdmi or vga.
    I'm poor can't really afford another graphics card help!!!!!
    terramir
    terramir