Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z97X-UD5H rev. 1.0
CPU
Graphics
EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 (not Ti)
HD 3000 VGA in 10.7.1 on GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 i5-2500K

I've read a few threads looking for help on HD 3000 graphics for Lion and Sandy Bridge but I'm still stuck. Here's what I've done so far:

Bios
Started with Optimized Defaults, then:
On-chip Frame Buffer Size: tried with "384MB+2MB for GTT" and also 480
Onboard VGA: tried "Auto" and "Always Enabled"
Init Display First: tred "Onboard" and whatever the default was.
ACHI SATA
64-bit HPET

Installed 10.7.1 using Gordo74's guide.

MultiBeast 4.0.2 options selected:
UserDSDT with DSDT-GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3-F8.aml
System Utilities
Realtek ALC8xxHDA
AppleHDA Rollback
IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector
3rdParty eSATA
FakeSMC w/ Motherboard Plugins
Lnx2Mac's RTL81xx driver
64-bit Apple Boot Screen
64-bit GraphicsEnabler=No
Mac Mini System Definition
Chameleon RC5 Default theme

Issue: stuck with 1024x768 graphics. System profile says for Graphics: No Kext Loaded.

Chimera's Video Info report looks good, identifying the memory allocated, the device name and listing about 21 different available modes with specs and 18 without.

My monitor has only D-Sub VGA connector but Mac Mini doesn't use that port at all. I could try hooking the machine up to our projector in the living room to see what happens but I doubt there's any benefit to that.

Any suggestions?

i was just about to post about this.i have the same problem everything looks good in system information except my graphics..it says no kext loaded and only 64mb shared memory.my board is GA-H67N-USB3-B3 using VGA port.

Now that I think of it, it's been years since Apple gave us a VGA port except via a miniDVI or miniDP adaptor. Maybe I need a DVI to VGA adaptor. Or an LED Cinema Display with miniDP to DP adaptor.

i got mine to work :D ....my monitor has dvi and vga ports.i used a hdmi to dvi adapter and it went from hanging apple screen to booting up.still not working with the vga port,hope someone figures it out would be nice to use the vga port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back