Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey all, first off, thanks a bunch for these resources.

Today I seem to be really scratching my head. I'm trying to build my beast with a Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 (F10) motherboard. I'm using the on board video, 4gb of ram, OCZ Petrol 64GB SSD Drive and a i7 2600k 3.4Ghz processor.

I've been following various tuts on the site and forum but I seem to get stuck in exactly the same place, every time, regardless of the methodology I follow.

To do simple, simple, I've used iboot to boot the system from CD. I then load the SL1.6.3. Next, I'll grab the dsdt for this motherboard and place it on the desktop. Next, I'll run multibeast and perform a dsdt install and a system utitities install.

On the next boot, all I get is the grey apple screen with the spinning wheel. I've tried doing updates first, but it always comes back to the dsdt install. BTW, I'm still booting form the cdrom to reduce complexity.

Any hints or ideas from the guru's?

Cheers,

Frank

I'm sorry I don't have any answers for you. Just wanted you to know I am also having issues with the same mobo.
Hope you get it worked out, maybe I will too....

Well I got mine to work finally hopefully this works for you too:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=45189&p=315758#p315758

Ok, so this is what I did:

1. Follow all Tips & Recommendations
2. Install using iBoot + Retail Snow Leopard DVD 10.6.3
3. Boot with iBoot
4. Set up Computer (if you have a Sandy Bridge System- use UpdateHelper)
5. Used UpdateHelper
6. Reboot
8. Ran Combo Update 10.6.8 DON’T REBOOT
9. Run MultiBeast 3.2.0 with the DSDT for my mobo
10. Reboot - didn't restart
11. used GraphicEnabler=NO (=success)
12. erased Extras folder
13. Re-ran MultiBeast using these settings except I used GraphicsEnabler=No: download/file.php?id=14188&mode=view
(found the above reading: http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=5 ... 2&p=269485 which I found by finding this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0ZdqS_UiyA)
14. Successful restart
15. Ran Software Update
16. Successful restart

Now I have my Hackint0sh!

Thanks for the reply, but been down that path too, I've gotta figure out why Dsdt isn't working.

Frank

fthomas137 said:
Thanks for the reply, but been down that path too, I've gotta figure out why Dsdt isn't working.

Frank

You need Lion to get full HD3000 support. Use the DVI/HDMI port of the motherboard and mac mini system definition under Lion.

I wish I was to Lion. I'm still stuck at Snow Leopard and the DSDT's. And I am currently using the onboard video.

Frank

gjb1124 said:

3. Boot with iBoot
5. Used UpdateHelper
6. Reboot
12. erased Extras folder
13. Re-ran MultiBeast using these settings except I used GraphicsEnabler=No: download/file.php?id=14188&mode=view
(found the above reading: http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=5 ... 2&p=269485 which I found by finding this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0ZdqS_UiyA)
14. Successful restart
15. Ran Software Update
16. Successful restart

Hi,
I exactly have the same problem, I am pretty much new to MAC, can you please help with additional details of your steps 10,11 & 15 please.

10 ) Reboot - didn't restart - After the multibeast install using the DSDT it asks for restart and I clicked the restart button. After booting with iboot it showed Grey apple screen with spinning wheel. You also mean the same, right? or do I have to do any special method to reboot?
11) used GraphicEnabler=NO (=success) - After booting with iBoot, while choosing the new Snow Leopard to boot, you mean to give GraphicEnabler=NO or at what stage I have to give this parameter ?
12) erased Extras folder - How to do this, where are these extra folders?
15) Ran Software Update - What are these updates? you mean the normal software update from Apple Menu?

Please help.

Thanks,
Swamy

saamisolutions said:
gjb1124 said:

3. Boot with iBoot
5. Used UpdateHelper
6. Reboot
12. erased Extras folder
14. Successful restart
15. Ran Software Update
16. Successful restart

Hi,
I exactly have the same problem, I am pretty much new to MAC, can you please help with additional details of your steps 10,11 & 15 please.

10 ) Reboot - didn't restart - After the multibeast install using the DSDT it asks for restart and I clicked the restart button. After booting with iboot it showed Grey apple screen with spinning wheel. You also mean the same, right? or do I have to do any special method to reboot?
11) used GraphicEnabler=NO (=success) - After booting with iBoot, while choosing the new Snow Leopard to boot, you mean to give GraphicEnabler=NO or at what stage I have to give this parameter ?
12) erased Extras folder - How to do this, where are these extra folders?
15) Ran Software Update - What are these updates? you mean the normal software update from Apple Menu?

Please help.

Thanks,
Swamy

At step 10 it wouldn't restart for me. Continuous grey wheel on the Apple logo screen.
(step 11) So I did a manual restart, at the black screen with blue meter you can hit any key to stop it from trying to boot then I typed: GraphicsEnabler=No . The machine then successfully booted into Snow Leopard. (step 12) Extra folder; if you click on your HDD you will see it. (step 15) Yes, the Apple updates.

Sorry it took so long to post my reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back