Contribute
Register

Hackintosh Maverick VPCSA - black screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
well it seems bad...

I can't reset blindly BIOS nor can I reset the settings through taking out CMOS and hotwiring - well at least I do not get any visual output on the display

But there is a silverlining for me. I found a site which sells mainboards for this laptop for ~100..

but the question which bothers me there is if my primary amd graphic card might got broken during the process of disabling. If I start the laptop I just have 30 seconds, after the 30 secs I hear a plop-sound (I'd say from the speekers) and the laptop turns it self off.

Is it cause of the misconfiguration or might the graphic card really got damaged through this option? Maybe I resetted the settings already but the gfx card is broken, what do u think?

btw there is a switch on the mainboard but I have no idea what it is for...

Hello, I had the same problem. You need to record a new BIOS or reset, open the laptop, the pallet is chips. Remove BIOS chips, type the new BIOS. And normally cover both video card

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 250
  • image.png
    image.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 266
Hello,

I saw you answered on a 5-year-old thread; first, thank you! I'm always happy to see somebody sharing a solution. Even though it is now my turn to be a few years too late to answer but I would love to give this a try. Could you explain for me what you mean by "remove the BIOS chips, type the new BIOS"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back