Contribute
Register

Hacintosh compatibility with Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP4-TH ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maddoxfotos; Kongzilla's advice worked for me – with the addition of updating BIOS to F9 and a complete hardware rebuild to verify there were no short opportunities. I followed BIOS settings carefully but had to go it alone on the Multibeast settings since all advice I found was earlier than the 5.2 I used or with a different set of hardware.

Good luck.

mind posting your muiltibeast so i can get a idea of what to use.

Good idea "maddoxfotos", I have been writing my problems here but only 1 person helped me and I did not receive

any help from other people. It will be good to receive help with this motherboard so we can have everything work.

I could not make the intel 4000 HD to work and I had to replace it with my old 8600 GT and now it can boot from HDD.

I can not make the back panel USB to work except the 2 under ethernet cable.

I really appreciate everyone's help.

Thank you.

mind posting your muiltibeast so i can get a idea of what to use.

ok i got my system to work again( i had a working system b4 but something happen and i had to reinstall ML.)
But now my display is messed up i cant change the resolution( using my tv as a display 50in plasma)
Any one have some advice??

So I've managed to get my new ML Hackintosh up and "working" thanks to the fine folks on this thread. The one issue that lingers is the lack of functioning USB ports on the back, so I've got OS X up but can't log in since my Keyboard and mouse are cabled to the back. I have moved them to different ports to no avail, its like its taunting me. I am using the onboard Graphics adapter, not sure if that makes a whole lot of difference

Any suggestions on getting the rear USB ports to function so I can login and begin enjoying the greatness that is the hackintosh ?

Thanks in advance

After two days I finally got mine to work. Biggest issue for me was during unibeast install it would hang waiting for device to respond, I pulled the Unibeast usb key out and switched it to another usb port. After that smooth sailing.

As to more USB ports I have working the rear two 3.0 next to the wired network adapter and all six from the motherboard going to 2 front of case and the last 4 to an external bracket I had laying around.

System Profile does show my usb 3.0 key working at 3.0 speed when only plugged into the back 2 I have working. I am assuming that the top four on the back are controlled by the VIA chipset.

To anyone struggling.
I started with just onboard graphics, installed with all 32Gb of ram, then installed my GTX 580 and started up again with no issues.

i5-3570k not over clocked
32Gb GSkill F3-1866C9Q-32GXMR
LG UH12NS29 Blu-ray
Corsair H60 Cooler
Cooler Master HAF-922 Case

After two days I finally got mine to work. Biggest issue for me was during unibeast install it would hang waiting for device to respond, I pulled the Unibeast usb key out and switched it to another usb port. After that smooth sailing.

As to more USB ports I have working the rear two 3.0 next to the wired network adapter and all six from the motherboard going to 2 front of case and the last 4 to an external bracket I had laying around.

System Profile does show my usb 3.0 key working at 3.0 speed when only plugged into the back 2 I have working. I am assuming that the top four on the back are controlled by the VIA chipset.

To anyone struggling.
I started with just onboard graphics, installed with all 32Gb of ram, then installed my GTX 580 and started up again with no issues.

i5-3570k not over clocked
32Gb GSkill F3-1866C9Q-32GXMR
LG UH12NS29 Blu-ray
Corsair H60 Cooler
Cooler Master HAF-922 Case

So have you gotten all the ports to work? I'm really new to building a computer and received a UP4 for $130. Before I open it up I'd like to know if its possible to have all the ports working.

Not sure by what you mean by all ports, I have not tried the Thunderbolt ports. As far as USB I have 8 total USB 2.0 and 3.0, like I stated before my 3.0 drive did show up as 3.0 too. All my hardware works perfectly and this was so simple once I followed the Guide from this discussion and the Multibeast settings in this thread. The only thing I am running differently in my BIOS is XHCI I have mine set to Auto and not Smart Auto. Just upgrade to F9 BIOS first thing before doing anything! Good Luck. Sure beats using DSDT files!

If there are multiple people reporting that this MB has full compatibility thanks to 10.8.2, why isn't it back on the recommended list? Is there something I'm still missing?

Personally I'm debating between this board and the UD5H. I don't use thunderbolt at all, but figure that it might be worth having in a year or two. I know it can't realistically be added on due to it's GPU integration, so it makes sense to purchase it with the system.

Hi there
Had same problem every start
WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a power management may be incomplete or unsupported
done file: /var/run/systemkeychaincheck.done
WARNING Found KDC certificate (O=System Identity,CN=com.apple.kerberos.kdc)is missing the PK-INIT KDC EKU, this is bad for interoperability.
The IOUSBFamily did not receive enough extra current for the SuperSpeed device (4-Port USB 3.0 Hub) at 0x14b00000, asked for 400mA but got 0 mA
Then system working well
My Mobo : GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP4 TH with bios F10b SMbios definition iMAC13,1
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770S
Ram Samsung 16gb 1333
CPU cooler Noctula
PSU Be quiet 530watt
HD :Msata 128gb Wester digital 2tb
Ati Radeo HD 6850 1gb ddr5 Apple 27' thunderbolt display + AOC 17' (HD4000 TB+DVI)
Windows 8 Pro Mountain Lion 10.8.2
How may I solve this problem I mean power management problem

Kongzilla,

Could you give me some help. I am running the GA-Z77X-UP4-TH , 16GB RAM, 256 SSD, 2TB, i5 3570K, Nvidia 550Ti 2GB RAM. Its all working, expect for I have bluetooth problems with the wireless keyboard, trackpad and magic mouse. Any advice? Also have trouble with 4 of the USB's not working? The thunderbolt doesn't work hot plugging it only works when plugged in before turned on. Do you have any information on how to make a Hackintosh Fushiondrive? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back