Contribute
Register

Hacintosh compatibility with Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP4-TH ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
More success. Installed the MSI GTX-650 Ti Power Edition card successfully with Bimmer's instructions. That also fixed the OpenCL issue allowing DVDs to play.

The password on waking from sleep was simply a security setting that's new to me.

VLC player won't play Blu-Rays without some tweaking I'm not confident I understand so I downloaded Mac Blu-Ray Player ($39.95), which plays factory Blu-Ray's just fine and saved some brain cells. I still need to test whether the LG BLu-Ray burner will actually burn BDs, DVDs and CDs as the system profiler says it will.

Next up:

• USB 3/2 function on all case and board ports (which I'm sure there's a fix for around here somewhere.) Is the LaCie USB 3.0 driver for Mac really for LaCie drives only?
  • Screen goes to white on sleep, not black or screen saver.

I'm running out of things to fix, thanks to this great site and community.

Try updating you bios to F9, I updated mine to F8(which was the newest at the time) before I installed OSX. Also set xHCI Mode to smart auto I found this works better with the updated bios;I can post some screenshots of my bios settings if you want.

Kongzilla please help

I'm on f8 Bios on my GA-Z77X-UP4 TH with i7 3770k, internal graphics, 16gb ram, 2x WD 2TB red.

I can get passed the gray screen at all(initial install), i have the circle with the line through it. when i run it in -v it gets stuck at:

com.apple.AppleFSCompressionTypeZlib load succeeded
Still waiting for root device
(Etc.........)

What does that even mean??

My work is at a stand still till i can get this running and able to put os x server so i'm really frustrated:banghead:

Ps. this is my second mobo/cpu my first attempt was with a amd and i got the same results.

(note i just updated to f9 and try all the usb ports, even tried a second usb stick and still no luck)

(Etc.........)

Have you tried to boot with Virtualization disabled in bios? Does it boot with -x flag?

Kongzilla please help

I'm on f8 Bios on my GA-Z77X-UP4 TH with i7 3770k, internal graphics, 16gb ram, 2x WD 2TB red.

I can get passed the gray screen at all(initial install), i have the circle with the line through it. when i run it in -v it gets stuck at:

(Etc.........)

What does that even mean??

My work is at a stand still till i can get this running and able to put os x server so i'm really frustrated:banghead:

Ps. this is my second mobo/cpu my first attempt was with a amd and i got the same results.

(note i just updated to f9 and try all the usb ports, even tried a second usb stick and still no luck)

Do you have the usb stick in the Intel usb ports in the back? They are the 2 in the middle, if so try changing your bios settings; I posted some working ones in this thread.

Maddoxfotos; Kongzilla's advice worked for me – with the addition of updating BIOS to F9 and a complete hardware rebuild to verify there were no short opportunities. I followed BIOS settings carefully but had to go it alone on the Multibeast settings since all advice I found was earlier than the 5.2 I used or with a different set of hardware.

Good luck.

Hi.

I have the same motherboard GA-Z77X-UP4-TH, Cpu is i7 3770 but no k, 16 GB Kingston hyperx Ram and using the intel 4000 graphics card, I have a Geforce 8600 GT but I am not using it at the moment, I don't have a SSD but using normal HDD. I am using the back panel USBs for mouse and keyboard and etc.
I was wondering if I can use Lion instead of Mountain Lion, because I heard that Mountain Lion is slower than Lion and the performance is not good like Lion. I already have a Lion OS to install and if I need the Mountaon Lion I have to buy it and I have to pay extra $20.

I really appreciate it if you can help me.

David

Hi. I bought Mountain Lion and got it work after many times trying. But now I cannot make the drive bootable and everytime

I try different options in multibeast still doesn't work. I install everything base on Intel 4000 graphics card.

What option do I need to choose. I have Mountain Lion 10.8 . I don't know if I have to update it to 10.8.2 and then

install multibeast or not?

I really appreciate your help

David

Hi. I bought Mountain Lion and got it work after many times trying. But now I cannot make the drive bootable and everytime

I try different options in multibeast still doesn't work. I install everything base on Intel 4000 graphics card.

What option do I need to choose. I have Mountain Lion 10.8 . I don't know if I have to update it to 10.8.2 and then

install multibeast or not?

I really appreciate your help

David

What do you mean by you "cannot make the drive bootable"? Boot from HDD and post pic of the screen.

Hi. Thanks for the reply. Also I have the latest Bios F9. I had to use unibeast option to boot and etc.

I uploaded 2 pictures. http://s1322.beta.photobucket.com/user/david1293/library/ First is the boot page from my HDD without

any help from CD or USB. Second is the last step I can get from my HDD boot and after that it will just stop.

I reboot again and changed the bios option " internal cpu overvoltage " to disable and startup the OS again and now I have "" Sound

assertion in apple HDAC codec ... at line 360 "" and the system stop working.

How to make the intel 4000 to work?

Thanks

David

Hi. Thanks for the reply. Also I have the latest Bios F9. I had to use unibeast option to boot and etc.

I uploaded 2 pictures. http://s1322.beta.photobucket.com/user/david1293/library/ First is the boot page from my HDD without

any help from CD or USB. Second is the last step I can get from my HDD boot and after that it will just stop.

I reboot again and changed the bios option " internal cpu overvoltage " to disable and startup the OS again and now I have "" Sound

assertion in apple HDAC codec ... at line 360 "" and the system stop working.

How to make the intel 4000 to work?

Thanks

David

It looks like it is choking in the gfx and not loading it. Have you set in BIOS the First Init Display to iGPU and the iGPU memory to 64Mb?
Have you disabled VT-d? This usually gets the HD4000 working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back