Contribute
Register

[GUIDE][SUCCESS] Ga H77m D3H / i5 3450 / GTX 560 (w/out DSDT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updating the Bios would be sensible as there is an important ME update for the board - OSX needs this working properly to function.
Thanks. The F9 BIOS includes the ME firmware update, so I'll update to the F9 BIOS.

I've never updated a BIOS before. I think this board has the "dual BIOS", so that if an update fails it can fall back to the previous BIOS. However I'm not sure.

Edit: I checked the user guide and it does have the DualBIOS. I understand I'll need to put the downloaded/extracted new BIOS onto a USB flash drive formatted as FAT 32. Then I'll use the Q-Flash utility. It seems pretty straightforward.

Installation went fine about ten minutes for me
Ive been able to boot in -x safe mode
My Specs:
F9 BIOS i didnt upgrade it
GIGABYTE GA-H77M-D3H
INTEL I5 3570K
4GB of ram
Ethernet works in safemode
i think my optical drive works too HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS70
Ill update it with a screenshot
USB 3.0 works with usb 3.0 devices (usb 2.0 doesnt work on usb 3.0 ports) :)
I installed a Atheros Lan Driver from multibeast now my graphics are gone whats the problem?
Once i install graphics i need a driver to download that isn't in multi beast 5.3.0
I cant find my atheros driver in MultiBeast
My Ethernet: Atheros GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 MBit)

use -x when booting after installation thats what i had to do.
Everything else went fine. After that i didnt use -x. Beacuse i installed the kexts from multibeast
UPDATE Sun 7:26 May 19,2013:

Trying out with Intel Ethernet
Intel Ethernet Didnt i looked up on google for Atheros AR8161 and clicked on insanelymacs link their works i hope so i dont get any kernel panicks :)

Screen Shot 2013-05-19 at 10.09.34 AM.png

Restarted the computer few times works great except im using stock HD 4000 graphics card it doesnt show good like it could see the pixels
i have a ati radeon HD 5450 would it work?

Everything works like a CHARM
Update Mon 6:06PM:
I recommend using more than 4gb because i am using all those apps at once (one time froze)
Bad graphic quality using Intel HD4000
i will upload an video
Update Mon 6:33 PM:
Heres A 7 Sec video look closely ull notice it
[video=youtube;mBvtKZp4Bro]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBvtKZp4Bro[/video]

ok i think the problem with many of us getting macintosh to work is using 10.8.2 i have tried this one out and i am getting an screen that shows random colors. I think you guys should head out for 10.8.3 i have used it and succeded but now i just tried this method two times already cant get it to work except in safemode.

to fix this i will try to update it in safemode.

here's my hackintosh ENJOY!!!
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2MvaM18FJ2A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
ok the update didn't fix it.
If you wouldn't mind just to install freshly 10.8.3.(i recommend it)
Although i found a solution turn ur comp on and once it booted and shows multiple login screens press and hold the power button once shut down let go of the button.
Then next turn on the computer after this u will see 1\4 of a screen.
We are not done yet no disconnect your cable in my case i am using HDMI cable.
and then connect the cable back you should be back with a working and good graphics resolution not showing those glitches.

- - - Updated - - -

here's my hackintosh ENJOY!!!
[video]http://www.youtube.com/embed/2MvaM18FJ2A[/video]
ok the update didn't fix it.
If you wouldn't mind just to install freshly 10.8.3.(i recommend it)
Although i found a solution turn ur comp on and once it booted and shows multiple login screens press and hold the power button once shut down let go of the button.
Then next turn on the computer after this u will see 1\4 of a screen.
We are not done yet no disconnect your cable in my case i am using HDMI cable.
and then connect the cable back you should be back with a working and good graphics resolution not showing those glitches.

Hi,

i have nearly the same board like yours (GA H77-D3H)
But i get instant kernel panics when i install these multibeast settings...

I also have only 2x8 GB Ram in my Hackintosh, i removed one of them, so i have 8 GB Ram installed... should that be the problem !?

i tried to install all Parts separately...

1. i copied your SSDT.aml on my Desktop
2. run multibeast with only USER DSDT checked.... then i got an EXTRA Folder :)
3. run multibeast again, and installed Chimera 2
4. no kernel panic
5. i run multibeast again, and installed the VoodooHDA and got an instant Kernel Panic after finishing ....

6. I reinstalled OSX
i copied your SSDT.aml on my Desktop
8. run multibeast, and checked User DSDT & Chimera 2
9. tried to reboot and i got a Kernel Panic

So what i figured out is, that if i install Chimera 2 - after reboot i got Kernel Panic
If i install VoodooHDA i got a instant kernel panic after installation...

Here is a video of my Boot Sequence:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn_XmiWQdzQ&feature=youtu.be

what should i do ? - i am getting frustrated... :(

Please help ! - Thank you very much!!!!

can u give some more information about your specs? cpu, ram, graphicscard, are u using OSX 10.8.2 or 10.8.3 etc.

there could some hardware components that are not compatible to the software or to other hardware components...

i recommend using ONLY 4GB of ram and no graphicscard while installing. i cant post my multibeast settings cause my hackintosh isnt up and running for some month now... i will rebuild my hackintosh in september or oktober soon. so stay tuned for updated multibeast settings.

i recommend using ONLY 4GB of ram and no graphicscard while installing.
OK, but what if you have 8GB RAM sticks? I have two for total of 16GB. Can I just pull out one of those RAM sticks for the Mac OS installation?

I could alternatively swap in a single 4GB RAM stick borrowed from another machine. However, it is a DDR3 1333 stick, not DDR3 1600 like my 8GB sticks.

test the single 4GB ramstick from your friend AS LONG as it fits to your MB (check GA website for working ram)

i have (as u can tell from my first post) 4x4GB 1066 DDR3 Ram, i tried 16,12,8 and 4 and the installing only succeeded with 4GB ram. also check if u are using the right ramslots on your MB if u have 4 slots. check the corresponding slots (e.g. slot 1 and 3 or slot 2 and 4) in your MB manual.

Hy, I'm trying to make hackintosh first time and I have the same motherboard as you have and I wanted to ask what DSDT file are you using and where could i get it.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back