Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Snow Leopard on the 4530s Version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
toolgrl919 said:
I'm still running 10.7.3 & everything has been working fine. All of a sudden the finder bar at the top isn't showing up & when i click on Finder an error message pops up. Has anyone else ran into this problem? or have a solution?
No problem here because I reinstall OS so often. Keep the Console open and look for errors when it happens. That should make easier to narrow down the problem or google for the solution.

I have been slogging along for the past several days, and I finally have Snow Leopard 10.6.8 to the point where I can boot up the OS with the "-x -v DSDT=no" flags. If I do not use these flags, I have a kernel panic, as has been the case with others on this post. I am so close to finally having it working -- just looking for advice to get over the hump.

I have a Probook 4430s with the F20 BIOS. From what I can tell from the previous posts, it is a DSDT compatibility issue. My questions are:

1) How do I acquire a tweaked DSDT for F20 (if that is what I need)?
2) Once I have the DSDT, how do I swap with my current DSDT? Do I use MultiBeast or a DSDT editor?

Your help is greatly appreciated. This thread has been incredibly helpful!

Thanks!

Just tried this on my 4530s, and I put a $13 Atheros AR5B195 in it (HP brand from ebay). I don't mess with the Bluetooth, but the wireless is working great on it. It was odd because at first the WiFi kept dropping out, but I deleted all connections and restarted, and then it worked just fine. I've only tested it just today, but I was able to transfer GBs of data throughout the day on WiFi, through random sleep/resumes and many battery/AC sessions.

After trying to build a few hackintoshes, I had pretty much given up hope. I bought this ProBook for running Ubuntu, and just for kicks I looked to see if it would hackintosh. I was surprised to see how compatible it was, and I was equally amazed at how easy it was to get 10.6.8 up and running properly. I even get a little over 3hrs of battery on it, which is less than Ubuntu, but still not bad. I suppose upgrading to the 9 cell would help, but meh.

Thanks so much for the effort and guide! :)

Hi everybody,

I am a little frsutrated with my 4730s and the update to 10.6.8 after I installed it with my Snowleopard 10.6, I ran the updatehelper, rebooted and installed 10.6.8 from the Combo update I downloaded. sadly the update fixed the screenresolution but broke Keyboard/Trackpad and sound.

Tried to fix it with Multibeast and AppleHDArollback and PS2 support Kexts.... no effect.

anyone got a helping hand for me?

Book: 4730s
i5-2430m CPU, Bios F0A

Machine has been working great but I wanted to add more RAM (I tend to do a lot of multitasking and things started to feel sluggish with a lot of things going on), tried to add a spare 1GB stick I had around, boot up, get a KP. Had another one of the same type (thought it was a bad stick), same thing happens. Odd thing is, take out the added stick and just leave the original 2GB one, boots fine. :eek:

Does Snow Leopard not like odd memory amounts? :lol:

Original DSDT is here.

I would really like to be able to put 8GB in there, but I don't want to order RAM if I can't utilize all of it. However if this is not possible at the very least 4GB would be great. The system info utility does tell me I have 64bit extensions enabled though...
Would appreciate any help in advance.

Is BT working after sleep or not? :>
and.. is there any installer like for Lion or I have to do evrything manaully ?

Regards.

And question. Snow Leopard works better thans Lion? :>

I'm so close for 10.6.8 on my i3 4530s, but I just hit a significant road block. I have very strictly followed this guide and after pro book installer 5.1b was run, I could not boot off main HDD. The chimera apple logo appears and then a KP. The real problem is now I can't even use iboot/reboot/legacy iboot to get back into 10.6.8 on HDD. -v and -x flags just hang after about 45 seconds of loading kexts and drivers.. one of the last few lines says something like "Mac successfully initialized".. I've done a few hackintoshes and have never been blocked out of the HDD after getting to this point before. Any thoughts?

UPDATE: dsdt=no .. this was solution for getting iboot working again and then i dumped the dsdt.aml from a couple pages ago on my desktop...boots great. no wifi yet even though i bought the upgraded atheros card...

UPDATE: reboots fine after DSDT=No ... but does not boot from powerdown without DSDT=No .... Wifi works but weak signal after 2nd boot (into DSDT.aml on desktop) ... Still some graphics glitches, mouse glitches, and none of the short keys at the top of keyboard line up with their functions... also im wondering if i should try and use probook installer 4 or 5 now.. i got it up and running with probook installer 3.3

UPDATE: used probook installer 5.1b successfully. no more graphics glitches but i still have to start with DSDT=No flag. then "restart" into the better DSDT from the installer. Wifi works on restart but bluetooth is cut (bluetooth works on first boot with flag). also my processor shows up as 800 MHZ when it should be 2.9 MHZ under "about this mac." ill see what geekbench has to say. i selected 8,1 macbook pro in probook installer. maybe i should select 8,2 (although it was written to select 8,1 when using PB installer 3.3).

I'm so close for 10.6.8 on my i3 4530s, but I just hit a significant road block. I have very strictly followed this guide and after pro book installer 5.1b was run, I could not boot off main HDD. The chimera apple logo appears and then a KP. The real problem is now I can't even use iboot/reboot/legacy iboot to get back into 10.6.8 on HDD. -v and -x flags just hang after about 45 seconds of loading kexts and drivers.. one of the last few lines says something like "Mac successfully initialized".. I've done a few hackintoshes and have never been blocked out of the HDD after getting to this point before. Any thoughts?

UPDATE: dsdt=no .. this was solution for getting iboot working again and then i dumped the dsdt.aml from a couple pages ago on my desktop...boots great. no wifi yet even though i bought the upgraded atheros card...

UPDATE: reboots fine after DSDT=No ... but does not boot from powerdown without DSDT=No .... Wifi works but weak signal after 2nd boot (into DSDT.aml on desktop) ... Still some graphics glitches, mouse glitches, and none of the short keys at the top of keyboard line up with their functions... also im wondering if i should try and use probook installer 4 or 5 now.. i got it up and running with probook installer 3.3

UPDATE: used probook installer 5.1b successfully. no more graphics glitches but i still have to start with DSDT=No flag. then "restart" into the better DSDT from the installer. Wifi works on restart but bluetooth is cut (bluetooth works on first boot with flag). also my processor shows up as 800 MHZ when it should be 2.9 MHZ under "about this mac." ill see what geekbench has to say. i selected 8,1 macbook pro in probook installer. maybe i should select 8,2 (although it was written to select 8,1 when using PB installer 3.3).

Can anyone help with the above? I only get into my desktop with DSDT=No and then a restart. Also, this only works 50% of the time .. sometimes it takes 2 cycles of DSDT=No and then restart to successfully boot. super frustrating.

a -v flag looks normal boot except for a part that says "No HPETs available ..CPU(s) configured incorrectly.. debugger called <panic> .. Mac OS version: none set yet

Can anyone help with the above? I only get into my desktop with DSDT=No and then a restart. Also, this only works 50% of the time .. sometimes it takes 2 cycles of DSDT=No and then restart to successfully boot. super frustrating.

a -v flag looks normal boot except for a part that says "No HPETs available ..CPU(s) configured incorrectly.. debugger called <panic> .. Mac OS version: none set yet

Let's start by getting proper DSDT for your system. Can you follow this page to make your own DSDT.aml or post the raw dump here.
https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch/wiki/How-to-patch-your-DSDT

also please post here your org.chameleon.Boot.plist

Let's start by getting proper DSDT for your system. Can you follow this page to make your own DSDT.aml or post the raw dump here.
https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch/wiki/How-to-patch-your-DSDT

also please post here your org.chameleon.Boot.plist

i tried to use auto patcher but couldnt quite get it.. i got as far as figuring out i need xcode or better experience compiling a patch.

tried to add a link to my .aml file below, im not sure if file size is appropriate on my attachment... seems off.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rlefre9lv4hipge/dsdt.aml

below is my org.cameleon.Boot.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Wake</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Hide Partition</key>
<string></string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>ShowInfo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>device-properties</key>
<string>600000000100000001000000540000000100000002010c00d041030a000000000101060000027fff04001e0000004100410050004c002c006f0073002d0069006e0066006f0000001800000030490111111108000001f01f0100000010070000</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    28.4 KB · Views: 116
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back