Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Zenbook UX305FA/Clover
CPU
M 5Y10c
Graphics
HD5300, 1920 x 1080
ASUS ZENBOOK UX305FA using Clover UEFI

The guide is in PDF format and includes two files in zip format.
It is in fact a synopsis of the steps I took to get a stable OS X install.

Working:
Keyboard & Touchpad
Sound
Battery
Function Keys
Brightness
Sleep
Bluetooth
Ambient Light Sensing ALS

Not Working:
Intel wireless

Kext's package see post # 4
Abridged install instruction see post #6

Working ALS: You now have the option of FastLanePackages with and without ALS.
Note: FastLanePackage contain all patches, it is simply plug n play.

Post install:
if Bluetooth keeps popping up go to Sys Pref | Bluetooth | Advanced and un check all boxes Done!
Scroll, you need to adjust scroll speed at least once for it to work Sys | Pref | Trackpad.
Once you verify everything is working then you can use Clover Configurator to generate a full SMBIOS or see http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html
Notice: I have become aware some people are attempting to use config.plist from FastLanePackage for install this will not work since Root | ACPI | SSDT | DropOem = YES it would have to be "No". Secondly, it loads kext from /S/L/E that do not exist during install phase. To resolve the issue I will upload a config.plist for "install" named Clover_Install_config.zip

DW1560 users, RehabMan pointed me to below for drivers:
BCM94352 requirements:
- FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID. Install with Kext Wizard to /S/L/E.
- BrcmPatchRAM.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM. Install with Kext Wizard to /S/L/E.
- 5Ghz patch for WiFi documented here: [Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2
- handoff patch for bluetooth documented here: [Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

EL Capitan upgrade running on the UX305 (requires working Yosemite)
BACKUP conf.plist prior to action.

Step One download and install Clover xx370
Step Two Delete Kexts directory other than other (ie 10.10 10.11) for clarity KEEP OTHER
Step Three download and install config.plist below and place in /EFI/Clover
Note: Remember to use SMBIOS settings in your current config.plist (i.e Edit) and keep backup.
Step Four download EL Capitan and install
For DW1560 users step five and six
Step Five delete /S/L/E/BrchmPatchRam.kext
Step Six download and install BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext with kext tool.

All required files are contained in EL-Cap-UX305.zip

EL Capitan Alternate upgrade running on the UX305 (requires working Yosemite)

Step One download and install Clover xx370
Step Two Delete Kexts directory other than other (ie 10.10 10.11) for clarity KEEP OTHER
Step Three Edit existing config.plist and add the Code below:
Code:
    <key>RtVariables</key>
    <dict>
        <key>BooterConfig</key>
        <string>0x28</string>
        <key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
        <string>0x3</string>
    </dict>
Step Four download EL Capitan and install
El Capitan new USB system.

It appears that El Capitan's new USB system works out of the box mitigating the need for USB work around, found in Yosemite's config.plist. Editing config.plist with Xcode or Wrangler the code to remove is KernelAndKextPatches | KextsToPatch | item1:
Code:
	<dict>
		<key>Comment</key>
		<string>Enable USB3 post wake</string>
		<key>Find</key>
		<data>xoDIAAAAAQ==</data>
		<key>Name</key>
		<string>AppleUSBXHCI</string>
		<key>Replace</key>
		<data>xoDIAAAAAA==</data>
	</dict>
[

Revision:
Updated ApplePS2SmartTouchPad added.
Updated FastLanePackage to NewFastLanePackageALS
Updated Added DW1560 information.
Updated Added EL Capitan information.

jhawk

Attachments

• Install_Asus_UX305FA-06.pdf
    283.7 KB · Views: 7,603
  • FastLanePackage.zip
    78.8 KB · Views: 2,138
  • FnKeyPatch.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 2,084
  • SmartTouchPad_v4.4_Final_64bit.zip
    174.1 KB · Views: 2,405
  • Clover_Install_config.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 2,821
  • NewFastLanePackageALS-Master.zip
    641.3 KB · Views: 2,259
  • EL-Cap-UX305.zip
    42.6 MB · Views: 3,463
Awesome! I have been waiting for this. Thanks for posting.

ASUS ZENBOOK UX305FA using Clover UEFI

The guide is in PDF format and includes two files in zip format.
It is in fact a synopsis of the steps I took to get a stable OS X install.

Working:
Keyboard & Touchpad
Sound
Battery
Function Keys
Brightness
Sleep
Bluetooth

Not Working:
Intell wireless

jhawk

Where did you get all the Kexts listed in the guide? is there anyway you can make a Zip folder of them all? i cannot find them in any of the links in the guide. Thank you for all your effort and making the guide!

Almost all kexts are on RehabMans Yosemite build page in Reference List. of Install Guide about 4th position I think.

VoodoHDA is on source forge.
ApplePS2SmartTouchPad v4.4 is already in attachments.
That leaves us with AsusNBFnKey.kext which I noted on just yesterday to avoid latest version 2.5.

It was assumed most people are capable of Google Search, armed with the name of said kext. Hint try with an without".kext"

If I were to upload kext bundle, that would need to be updated regularly, and since "OS X El Capitan‎" beta will release in July I will move on to the next project.The only reason ApplePS2SmartTouchPad v4.4 is in attachments is I mention the update in the guide.

However, if you can't locate an item I would be glad to assist.

Upon review I felt it might be prudent to provide a one time package of kexts. It will not be updated by myself Secondly use ApplePS2SmartTouchPad update above. The version contained in zip is out of date.

victor123ong has a cool patched VoodoHDA see post 324 Asus Zenbook UX305 compatibility [record volume to high]

jhawk

Attachments

• kexts.zip
    443.6 KB · Views: 1,550
pay no attention to my previous request for Kexts i have found them all, through your guides i just had to look a little longer. but i have alot of questions about which style clover installation you had used.

Whenever i try to boot into clover it boots, starts loading the apple installation media, and then Caution symbols about halfway through so here are my questions.

From the guide for the laptop Clover install did you choose Rehabmans 2 partitions, 1 efi ms-dosFAT and one hsf+? if so which partition Scheme GPT or MBR?

Secondly, if you did not choose 2 partitions and partitioned 1 in GPT, did you still make the install folder hfs+?

Third question, after that which clover installer did you use? which version type? The ones i had used do not include the Blue Mac theme listed in Rehabmans guide.

Fourth question, did you use legacy boot or UEFI boot on the clover installer? I am almost 100% sure this laptop uses UEFI booting, but i could always be wrong.

Fifth Question, did you use Rehabman's Config.plist if so which one? and did you follow his clover configuration down to the T? If you did not use his config.plist, did you use the config.plist attached above?

Sorry for so many questions, its just there is so many paths to go down,

Thank you for your response!

emcbeth2158,

Clover I use two 2.3 version r3215 & r3241

In RehabMans Guide he states GPT or MBR I use MBR since boot fs is FAT32

Follow the guide for two partition method "CLOVER EFI" and "install_osx"

For Clover UEFI, run the Clover Installer package:
- select the target of the install to "CLOVER EFI" using "Change Install Location"
- select "Customize" (the default is a legacy install -- we need to change it)
- check "Install for UEFI booting only", "Install Clover in the ESP" will automatically select
- check "Applestyle" from Themes (the config.plist files I provide use this theme)
- check "OsxAptioFixDrv-64" from Drivers64UEFI

DO NOT forget HFSPlus.efi. 2nd partition is HFS+
Kexts: FakeSMC ApplePS2SmartTouchPad (ONLY TWO)

Use createinstallmedia method for creating install media.

I added Clover_Install_config.zip above since people were trying to use config.plist from FastLanePackage this contains an install config.plist. Hint, if you name your new drive Mac[10.x] it will auto select in Clover since I use this in config.plist

I think I got all the questions.

Nope: I use applestyle rather that Bluemac just check themes and install all.

Note: in guide I wanted to be accurate thus we see steps stages phases.

SIMPLE VERSION IF ALL GOES WELL:
When you see a second remaining, it will actually be an equal amount of time it took to get to this point.
Boot from install_osx
Boot from install_osx
Boot from "Name you gave disk" before you exit install Clover to "Name you gave disk" and do post config. FastLanePackage user can use contents of package for post config.You should have already installed kext's via Kext Utility at this point.

Some users seem to have a problem with getting Clover setup. To that end follow guide above and use Clover v2.3 r3241 in attachments. In the event you fail to get a working Clover I have also provided /EFI/Clover in CLOVER.zip. It is my hope that this mitigates the problem.

jhawk

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 1,129
  • Clover_v2.3k_r3241.zip
    40.2 MB · Views: 802
ah, that explains it, i was doing single GPT partition, i will try again after work today

thank you again for your quick replies they are much appreciated! :)

Question, did you wipe before you installed OSX? or just shrink your volume and use the excess for OSX?

because now when i go to install OSX with clover UEFI it loads further than it had, but then restarts my computer, and boot loops back into windows 8, very strange.

i redid my clover install for a third time, using everything fresh from the links and following your instructions and now its back to crashing on me, just the caution/alert symbol and stops loading to the OSX installer, i looked on the other forum you were on with compatibility and i see you gave someone your clover folder, anyway you could do the same for me? There's something I'm getting wrong i just don't know what.

i redid my clover install for a third time, using everything fresh from the links and following your instructions and now its back to crashing on me, just the caution/alert symbol and stops loading to the OSX installer, i looked on the other forum you were on with compatibility and i see you gave someone your clover folder, anyway you could do the same for me? There's something I'm getting wrong i just don't know what.

Boot verbose, show photo. Post EFI/Clover folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back