Contribute
Register

{GREAT SUCCESS} - Yo Mang's Hack Pro - 3930K / GTX670 / Sabertooth X79 (56k Warn!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
{GREAT SUCCESS} - Yo Mang's Hack Pro - 3930K / GTX67 / Sabertooth X79

Reserved for Part 3

Awesome tutorial! Thank you a lot! After reading it I ordered gtx670. The rest of components is: GA-z77x-ud5h, Corsair vengeance 16GB 9-9-9-24. I'm goint to used it primarily for Premiere CS6 and AE CS6. Up to now i wasn't sure whether gtx 670 is suitable for this or not. Thanks to your tutorial (even without upcoming parts 3 and 4) I ordered my gtx 670.
I would like to ask you what is your experience in Pr CS6 and AE CS6 so far? Did you manage to extensively test gtx 670?
Again, thanks a ton!
Regards,
Nesha

Hi by chance I have the exact same hardware, this is my first Hackintosh the build went well with some pro help.I have managed to get Mountain Lion to load with unibeast ext but Multibeast wont open in MT lion and the ap says its Lion not Mt Lion, so when I try and reboot it fails ? can you please explain a walk around or exact procedure that you went through to get MT Lion working on your same system.
Thanks in advance

Toby

Have any idea what the total cost was? Are you running Windows as well? Have you played any games and will it support SLI?

Thanks!

Congratulations on a super build. Your build description will be a popular one. :thumbup:

I have a question about enabling OpenCL on the same card as you have (Gigabyte GTX670). I ran Cinebench first just to see what it would do... and it ran fine. got similar results to you. What exactly does replacing the libclh.dylib file do for this card in Mountain Lion?

EDIT: let me take a stab at the answer... OpenCL <> OpenGL ??? I need to do more noob reading...

Thanks for reading guys!

Awesome tutorial! Thank you a lot! After reading it I ordered gtx670. The rest of components is: GA-z77x-ud5h, Corsair vengeance 16GB 9-9-9-24. I'm goint to used it primarily for Premiere CS6 and AE CS6. Up to now i wasn't sure whether gtx 670 is suitable for this or not. Thanks to your tutorial (even without upcoming parts 3 and 4) I ordered my gtx 670.
I would like to ask you what is your experience in Pr CS6 and AE CS6 so far? Did you manage to extensively test gtx 670?
Again, thanks a ton!
Regards,
Nesha

So far I have done a bit of general masking work, bit of keying and using Twixtor in AE. To be honest, I don't edit in Premiere much, I mostly use Avid MC or FCP 7 but occasionally use Premiere. The twixtor rendering has been awesome - on my old iMac the render times were at least double, probably even 3 times slower than what this does. The performance of it has been tested in the Cinebench test and just general use in CS6. It definitely gave it a boost though as before I enabled the CUDA acceleration it was notably slower. It's a great card and the fact that it just works in Mountain Lion is awesome

Hi by chance I have the exact same hardware, this is my first Hackintosh the build went well with some pro help.I have managed to get Mountain Lion to load with unibeast ext but Multibeast wont open in MT lion and the ap says its Lion not Mt Lion, so when I try and reboot it fails ? can you please explain a walk around or exact procedure that you went through to get MT Lion working on your same system.
Thanks in advance

Toby

As replied in PM, make sure you have the latest Multibeast (I used 4.6.1) and the in System Preferences > Security and Privacy you have it enabled to allow Applications downloaded from anywhere to run.

Have any idea what the total cost was? Are you running Windows as well? Have you played any games and will it support SLI?

Thanks!

As someone else has already said, it was just under $3k including 2 new monitors

I have a question about enabling OpenCL on the same card as you have (Gigabyte GTX670). I ran Cinebench first just to see what it would do... and it ran fine. got similar results to you. What exactly does replacing the libclh.dylib file do for this card in Mountain Lion?

EDIT: let me take a stab at the answer... OpenCL <> OpenGL ??? I need to do more noob reading...

Yep you've got it, they are different things. If you want to test that your OpenCL is working, you can download LuxMark which will test it out. Mine wouldn't run before replacing the file and works great after

Hi Yo_mang,
So you have sleep, sound and USB3 hot unplugging working in mountain lion?

Hi Yo_mang,
So you have sleep, sound and USB3 hot unplugging working in mountain lion?

Hey mate

Sound is working 100%. All fine

No Sleep or SpeedStep - it's a known problem with all X79 configs

And USB3 is iffy and doesn't really work which isn't a problem with my setup, but a problem with mountain lion.

I'll be updating if these get fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back