Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm thinking about: Intel i5 3.1ghz quad core for $189.99 and xfx-gt-240x 512 mb video card for $54.99 vs. intel i-5 3.3ghz quad core with intel hd 3000 for $220 vs. intel i3 3.3ghz dual processor for $160….what would do you think would be the better option for cost-performance ratio???? I will be using the hackintosh rig for music production and BASIC video editing….thanks

The processor with intel hd 3000 is supported and would save about $25 with the i5 and about $85 with the i3 but how is the performance of the card?

Thanks.

Personally
I would forget about the i3 as it's Intel's cheapest nastiest chip! and mainly aimed at pc manufactures who want to make their pc's as cheap as possible, but still display the i3/i5/i7 chip-set! Stick with i5 you can always upgrade your Ichip later on!

yeah, i was just thinking that. I'll sprint for the $220 i5 with intel hd 3000 and if need be, upgrade the graphics card later! Thanks
Rayrosher said:
Personally
I would forget about the i3 as it's Intel's cheapest nastiest chip! and mainly aimed at pc manufactures who want to make their pc's as cheap as possible, but still display the i3/i5/i7 chip-set! Stick with i5 you can always upgrade your Ichip later on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back