Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 (U1c) kp / reboot loop. Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 (U1c)
CPU
Intel Core i5 2500K
Graphics
Intel HD3000 / ATI Radeon HD 5770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Fresh El Capitan install attempt using Unibeast. Hardware in profile. UEFI settings below:
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I'm getting a kp / reboot loop. Screenshot below:

image.jpg

Please help!

Edit: I put NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in /Library/Extensions to no effect. :(

Edit 2: Booting without kexts results in this:
image.jpg

Last edited:
Fresh El Capitan install attempt using Unibeast. Hardware in profile. UEFI settings below:
View attachment 172466

View attachment 172467

View attachment 172468

View attachment 172469

Please help!

View attachment 172477

By doing a bit of research you could have found someone with the exact motherboard as you. Maybe this guide will help?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...8ma-d2h-b3-evga-gtx650-working-dsdt-free.html

That's the link to the Yosemite install. I have read that and the two El Capitan threads. If there's a solution that I haven't tried in them, I'm not seeing it. According to what I've read, using cpus=1 or adding the kext should have fixed it. I'm at a loss for what to try next.

That's the link to the Yosemite install. I have read that and the two El Capitan threads. If there's a solution that I haven't tried in them, I'm not seeing it. According to what I've read, using cpus=1 or adding the kext should have fixed it. I'm at a loss for what to try next.

Okay. Since you're trying to use El Capitan, are you sure that Clover's config.plist is correct? Usually thats the main culprit. Make sure you're only injecting essential kext like FakeSMC. Anything else should be left for later.

View attachment 172466

View attachment 172467

View attachment 172468

View attachment 172469

Please help!

View attachment 172477
disable serial port, also are you using a kext installer to PUT kext in L/E?

disable serial port, also are you using a kext installer to PUT kext in L/E?

By disable serial port do you mean USB 3.0?

No, I didn't use an installer. I extracted the file into L/E and did chmod -R 755 and then sudo chown -R root:wheel. Did I miss something there?

Okay. Since you're trying to use El Capitan, are you sure that Clover's config.plist is correct? Usually thats the main culprit. Make sure you're only injecting essential kext like FakeSMC. Anything else should be left for later.

I'm not sure. I think I'm too much of a noob to recognize if there was anything wrong with it. I just used whatever came with the Unibeast USB boot stick.

By disable serial port do you mean USB 3.0?

No, your startup output indicates that OS X is activating a regular old serial port, which often causes problems. You should go into your BIOS and find the option for the Serial Port and set it to Disabled. Might be under Super IO or onboard devices or whatever, you'll have to poke around a bit.

I didn't use an installer. I extracted the file into L/E and did chmod -R 755 and then sudo chown -R root:wheel. Did I miss something there?

Normally, you don't want regular files to be executable, so your permissions are not ideal. I'm not sure whether they would actually prevent it from working, but it's definitely possible. You'd do better to delete that kext, rebuild cache, then use something like KextBeast to install it properly.

Okay, I got the kext properly installed and made the suggested changes to the bios. (Thanks)

I've gotten farther than ever thanks to you guys, but now I am stuck here:

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back