Contribute
Register

Gigabyte X79 UD3 - Installation and Post Installation Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
which intel kext are you using from the new MB on 10.9.4??

This is exactly what I need for my machine!

My specs are:

X79-UD3
Intel Core i7 4820K 4.5GHz
16GB DDR3 1600MHz
AMD R9 290
256GB Samsung 840 Evo
1TB Seagate ST1000M003
Seasonic M12II 750W 80+ Bronze fully modular
Cooltek UMX2 case (kinda has the old Mac pro style.)

Looking forward to using your knowledge :)

Hello. I seem to have the exact same specs that you have. All is working fine with Mountain Lion. But I have tried installing Mavericks, Yosemitie and El Capitan but none seem to be working with my system. My BIOS rev is 1.0 and the version is F9. Do I need to update to F16 or F20? The problem is that as soon as i boot from the USB created by Unibeast and chose the USB to boot from, a message appears "can't find mach_kernel" and that's it.

Hello. I seem to have the exact same specs that you have. All is working fine with Mountain Lion. But I have tried installing Mavericks, Yosemitie and El Capitan but none seem to be working with my system. My BIOS rev is 1.0 and the version is F9. Do I need to update to F16 or F20? The problem is that as soon as i boot from the USB created by Unibeast and chose the USB to boot from, a message appears "can't find mach_kernel" and that's it.

Did you find a solution to this?

Hi all
I have GA-X79-UD3 rev.1, (bios F20)
VGA: GTX 690

What BIOS settings should I do? What kexts required to install the El Capitan? I'm trying to install using Clover (UEFI).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back