Contribute
Register

Gigabyte UEFI - SSDT/DSDT and Overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try this (attached) it´s for 4.2 Ghz OC

Thanks @arehep

I've tried your SSDT + smbios and it works!
I seriously have no idea what was wrong before, I was using SSDT from MultiBeast for overclocked i7 before without success.
Also - I'm not sure how replacing my MacMini 5.3 smbios with the one you uploaded for MacMini 5.1 helped the case - but I'm glad I have the SpeedStep fully working now.

Please have a look what I've got and tell me If I'm correct:

Code:
ACPI table not found: DSDT.aml
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/SSDT.aml] 997 bytes.
ACPI table not found: SSDT-1.aml
FADT: Restart Fix applied!
Found ACPI CPU: CPU0
Found ACPI CPU: CPU1
Found ACPI CPU: CPU2
Found ACPI CPU: CPU3
Found ACPI CPU: CPU4
Found ACPI CPU: CPU5
Found ACPI CPU: CPU6
Found ACPI CPU: CPU7
SSDT with CPU C-States generated successfully
P-States: min 16, max 34
Number of P-States Generated: 19
SSDT with CPU P-States generated successfully
RSDT: Added 3 SSDT table(s)
FADT: Restart Fix applied!
Added 3 SSDT table(s) into XSDT

Thanks!

@Adam1203
Thanks so much for posting this! finally got around to testing and works perfect with my system. I am using OC SSDT.aml from multibeast and 42,42,42,41 and now have full p-states. going to bump that to 43,43,43,42 asap since the last one is the top mutli that OS X hits.
Thanks again,
g\

Thank you! Your method helped me a lot in OC setting up on my hack!
Valuable post! Highly recommend for everyone who has Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 rev 1.3 UEFI ver. U1h and Core i5 2500K.

To rise OC higher I've done the following:

in UEFI (BIOS)
1. do not touch base clock speed
2. add +0.2V to vcore delta
3. set up turbo ratios (upside down) 48 48 48 47
4. use XMP 1600MHz

in MAC OS X 10.8.1
1. take Greggen's OC SSDT (available in Multibeast 5 for ex.). Add 6 more p-states (from 4300 up to 4800 MHz)
2. use Mac Mini 5.1 SMBIOS
3. do not forget to set GeneratePStates=No and DropSSDT=Yes in org.chameleon.boot.plist (otherwise you'll 100% get KP with AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and even patched one will not help you)

Okay. That's all! Start using you Hack with OC!

My i5 2500K with 4.7GHz OC gave me ˜13100 Geekbench score.

Try this (attached) it´s for 4.2 Ghz OC

Thanks, but all I'm getting with that is 3 p-states (x16-x27-x42) which is a slight improvement. any other ideas?

Thanks, but all I'm getting with that is 3 p-states (x16-x27-x42) which is a slight improvement. any other ideas?

Are you using MSRDumper? If so, what tasks are you doing while watching the console?

Make sure you try different things, writing a document, open some apps... etc.

You may see some more PStates pop up

i have a gigabyte z68xp ud3 board.. updated my bios to uefi.. did whats suggested on the first post of this thread..

oc'd to 4.2 (43,42,42,42)

getting steedsteps: 16, 19, 29,36,42

sleep working fine.. everything seems fine so far.. will report.. thanks ;)

just wondering, if i should enable or disable cpu EIST?

Leave EIST enabled (it enables speed stepping / P states).

i have disabled EIST but i am still getting speed steps.. does it really control pstates and speedstepping?

man, we need the speedstep working with macpro profiles.. macmini will not be that great for graphics cards.. I have 560 ti, agpm does not work with macmini5,1..

looking for speedstep to work on macpro5,1 till 4.2 ghz on a UEFI bios..

any clue?

man, we need the speedstep working with macpro profiles.. macmini will not be that great for graphics cards.. I have 560 ti, agpm does not work with macmini5,1..

looking for speedstep to work on macpro5,1 till 4.2 ghz on a UEFI bios..

any clue?

You can get AGPM working with any supported video card by editing the AGPM kext and making a macmini 5,1 entry and adding the video vcard definitions you need.
g\

You can get AGPM working with any supported video card by editing the AGPM kext and making a macmini 5,1 entry and adding the video vcard definitions you need.
g\

i tried, it stopped loading agpm kext.. i copied macmini4,1 entry of agpm.. then renamed it to macmini5,1..

macmini4,1 does not have the vendor ID option there where i can put my graphic card's vendor id.. mine is gtx 560 ti..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back