Contribute
Register

Gigabyte UEFI - SSDT/DSDT and Overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you overclocked a sandy bridge cpu with gigabyte z77x-ud5h mobo to 4.8ghz in mountain lion using a ssdt file and a stock aicpm kext with p states working ?

In case you have I understand your attempt to designate this issue as "ON MY SYSTEM" ...

But in case you have not done this with a very popular cpu and mobo not then I'm confused as to what you are trying to fix for others.

Yes, with a z68 board and UEFI bios. The original post is still valid.

@Adam1203
Thanks so much for posting this! finally got around to testing and works perfect with my system. I am using OC SSDT.aml from multibeast and 42,42,42,41 and now have full p-states. going to bump that to 43,43,43,42 asap since the last one is the top mutli that OS X hits.
Thanks again,
g\

Hello guys, I installed Mountain Lion 10.8 on my system today...

- Intel i7-2600k Unlocked CPU
- Gigabyte LGA 1155, GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Motherboard r1.3 with U1h bios.
- Gigabyte GeForce GTX 560 TI 1GB Graphic card
- Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3 Ram - 16GB
- Corsair Carbide 500R
- Corsair H60 Water Cooling Unit
- Corsair 120Go Force3 SATA 3 SSD
- Corsair HX650W ATX power supply

I'm a newbie and don't really understand the instructions. I need to go in BIOS and change what exactly in order to run my system overclocked? I already have a SSDT.aml (OC version created in MB) file in /Extra do I need to modify it too?

Many thanks for your time and help.

Attachments

• IMG_1502.jpg
    IMG_1502.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5,484
Hello guys, I installed Mountain Lion 10.8 on my system today...

I'm a newbie and don't really understand the instructions. I need to go in BIOS and change what exactly in order to run my system overclocked? I already have a SSDT.aml (OC version created in MB) file in /Extra do I need to modify it too?

Many thanks for your time and help.

Well i think the original post explains it pretty clearly, if you can't follow those simple instructions i don't know if your going to have much luck...

-First off with the MB SSDT you will get a maximum overclock of just 4.1ghz. If you want to go higher you will need to use the SSDT from the first post.

-Next, if you plan to go beyond 4ghz you will also need to adjust your voltage. In the UEFI voltage menu you must change core voltage to "normal" (it is set to auto by default). Then you need to adjust the Dynamic vCore setting. How much depends on your CPU and overclock and for best results will require some testing. I use +0.150v for 4.2ghz. The original poster uses +0.200v for 4.6ghz.

-Finally you have to adjust the turbo rations for each core so that they equal the max overclock you want, and the last core has to have this number minus 1.
for example for a 4.2ghz overclock the turbo ratios have to be set to 43,43,43,42. For a 4.5ghz overclock they would need to be set to 46,46,46,45. So the last core is set one below the other 3, and the overclock equals whatever that last core is set to.

g\

Well i think the original post explains it pretty clearly, if you can't follow those simple instructions i don't know if your going to have much luck...

-First off with the MB SSDT you will get a maximum overclock of just 4.1ghz. If you want to go higher you will need to use the SSDT from the first post.

-Next, if you plan to go beyond 4ghz you will also need to adjust your voltage. In the UEFI voltage menu you must change core voltage to "normal" (it is set to auto by default). Then you need to adjust the Dynamic vCore setting. How much depends on your CPU and overclock and for best results will require some testing. I use +0.150v for 4.2ghz. The original poster uses +0.200v for 4.6ghz.

-Finally you have to adjust the turbo rations for each core so that they equal the max overclock you want, and the last core has to have this number minus 1.
for example for a 4.2ghz overclock the turbo ratios have to be set to 43,43,43,42. For a 4.5ghz overclock they would need to be set to 46,46,46,45. So the last core is set one below the other 3, and the overclock equals whatever that last core is set to.

g\

Here attached you will find two screenshots showing the settings asccording to your instructions.

I've also placed Adam1203's SSDT.aml file in my /Extra folder before rebooting (by that I mean replaced previous SSDT.aml file).

About this mac still shows 3.4GHz Intel Core i7. :(

Attachments

• IMG_1504.JPG
    IMG_1504.JPG
    182.8 KB · Views: 1,393
  • IMG_1503.JPG
    IMG_1503.JPG
    179.7 KB · Views: 6,997
about this mac is cosmetic. use hwmonitor or smc monitor to check your actual real-time operating speeds.
g\

OK thanks, frequency varies between 1900 and 4200 so I guess it's working! ;-)

But 'about this mac' was showing 4.2Ghz in Lion, why is it different now?

OK thanks, frequency varies between 1900 and 4200 so I guess it's working! ;-)

But 'about this mac' was showing 4.2Ghz in Lion, why is it different now?

Ummmm, are you using DropSSDT=Yes? because you need to to get the SSDT working and in-between p-states.

And not that it matters why 'about this mac' is showing this or that, but chimera (bootloader) was inserting the cosmetic info for you before, and it hasn't been designed to do that with the new system. You can always insert it yourself in the SMBIOS.plist

g\

Ummmm, are you using DropSSDT=Yes? because you need to to get the SSDT working and in-between p-states.

And not that it matters why 'about this mac' is showing this or that, but chimera (bootloader) was inserting the cosmetic info for you before, and it hasn't been designed to do that with the new system. You can always insert it yourself in the SMBIOS.plist

g\

Not sure to understand... again! :-/ Should I be using DropSSDT=Yes in org.chameleon.Boot.plist or is it a question? Because it's not there no. When you say "because you need to to get the SSDT working and in-between p-states" is that an action I should do also? If yes, what action?

I want it to be there because if I build more like these, the client will want to see that his system has the specs he paid for. It's easier for me to show this than to explain that it's only cosmetic and prove it after.

Thanks again for your time and help.

Not sure to understand... again! :-/ Should I be using DropSSDT=Yes in org.chameleon.Boot.plist or is it a question? Because it's not there no. When you say "because you need to to get the SSDT working and in-between p-states" is that an action I should do also? If yes, what action?

I want it to be there because if I build more like these, the client will want to see that his system has the specs he paid for. It's easier for me to show this than to explain that it's only cosmetic and prove it after.

Thanks again for your time and help.

Yeah! ;-)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-14 at 1.22.52 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-08-14 at 1.22.52 AM.png
    53.8 KB · Views: 485
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back