i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there, having a bit of trouble with VoodooHDA.

I'm using a Gigabyte H61M-USB3-B3 with i3-2100, EVGA G210 graphics, on 10.7.3.

Trying in vain to get some noise out of the machine! Have tried Realtek, not working at all. So I've tried VoodooHDA, which worked once on 10.6.0 [had to do a bit of file management with samba while setting it up]. Anyway:

All attempts preceded by removing AppleHDA and rebooting.

-Tried using multibeast to install voodoo 2.7.3, ticked system utilities - KP halfway through.
-Tried using kextbeast to install downloaded voodoo 2.7.3, followed by using kext utility - KP at reboot.
-Tried using Install package for voodoo 2.7.3, followed by kext utility, KP at reboot.
-Tried using kext wizard to install 2.7.2, followed by kext wizard repair permissions and rebuild cache - KP at reboot, [see image].

Any ideas? Anyone get audio working on this board?

Thanks for any help, starting to bang my head against the wall!

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 451
Have you tried booting instead with npci=0x2000 and/or PCIRootI=1 (or 0) or without darkwake=0 ?

Have you cleaned and rebuild all caches before you tried to install the kexts (if not, use Onyx from my signature for that)?

Hi shibirian, have just had another go at this, and it's working!

-I got rid of AppleHDA and everything apart from HDAEnabler889 [the one the gigabyte website says my board uses.. I think.]
-Rebooted, ran kext wizard maintenance
-used kext wizard to install voodoohda 2.7.3
-ran kext wizard maintenance
-rebooted - KP
-rebooted with npci=0x2000, sound worked!
-superstitious, so rebooted again - KP
-rebooted with npci=0x2000 and PCIRootI=1 - worked!
-rebooted twice without typing anything in, and it's still working.

So, will that stay as part of my boot now? or will i have to type it in again if I get a KP?

and if i clone and try and boot the clone, will i have to type it in again at boot?

cheers for the help!

mark

Why are you using voodoo ?

Right, so I was being an idiot.

Lost my temper with Voodoo after various flavours of KP on every other boot, had another try with Realktek.

Was going to sound in system preferences, and was selecting one of the 2 line out options, which did nothing. I accidentally clicked on built in audio and that worked.

So once again, lots of swearing and tearing my hair out because I didn't check something thoroughly enough. But thanks for all the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back