AMD Radeon HD6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone,

I've just received my new components and want to share my hackintosh experiences with you so far.

Parts:
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 MoBo
XFX 6870 Black Edition 940 Dual Fan ZDBC GFX
Intel Core i7 2600 CPU
8GB Corsair CMS3 1600 RAM
(a SSD to come...)

Steps (thx to your guides!) I took:
1. Boot with iBoot 3.0.4
2. Install SL
3. Reboot with iBoot 3.0.4
4. Ran the Z68 AutoPatcher in order to get a dsdt.aml
5. Install Combo Update
6. Ran Multibeast 3.7.2 with User DSDT, Realtek ALC8xx WITH Non-DSDT HDAEnabler for ALC889 (this is due to my experience with my older EP45-DS3R Board, although in both cases I actually HAD a DSDT), ATI 1.6.34.13 GFX Drivers, the USB 3.0 drivers although there is an Etron USB 3.0 Chip inside (just for the fun of it, cannot test if it is actually working), the official Realtek Ethernet driver, 64-bit Apple Boot Screen and Instant-Menu
7. Ran BridgeHelper
8. Re-boot with Hard Drive

NOW THIS WAS CRUCIAL!!! :

Crossed my fingers AND pressed my thumbs (which is the German equivalent)
:lol: :silent: :?

And..it is working including Stand-By, Restart and Shut-Down! What is funny though is that the GFX card only connects with 8 PCIe lanes, although there is no second card in the other PEG slot. Just like my new MacBook Pro which 6750 GFX is also connected with 8 lanes because of Thunderbolt. A bug or a feature? Happy to read your experiences :).

Edit: I attached a few screens.

1.png
2.png
3.png

2nd edit: Hah and for the first time the Drive Eject Button (the real physical one) works, lol :-D

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    175.3 KB · Views: 3,105
  • 2.png
    2.png
    197.2 KB · Views: 3,078
  • 3.png
    3.png
    178.2 KB · Views: 3,118
More Screens :):

4.png
5.png
6.png

Attachments

• 4.png
    4.png
    186.4 KB · Views: 3,079
  • 5.png
    5.png
    76.4 KB · Views: 3,080
  • 6.png
    6.png
    88.2 KB · Views: 3,086
And last but not least:

7.png
8.png

Attachments

• 7.png
    7.png
    81.7 KB · Views: 3,082
  • 8.png
    8.png
    27.5 KB · Views: 3,259
Hello! I'm trying to do an install with the same motherboard (ga-z68x-ud3h-b3) and an i7 2600k with 4Gb of RAM (xmp disabled for now).

I get past the iBoot screen and pop in the 10.6.6 DVD that came with my MacBook Pro. From there, it loads a gray Apple screen with the logo and a loading icon. Above the icon, there is anti ( / ) symbol that pops up about a minute into it.

I googled the problem and I read about it being a boot failure. I've tried using the "PCIRootUID=1" with and without the -x. The only difference I get from typing the command before attempting to boot from the DVD is the screen stays black for 5 minutes and a small gray rectangle shows up. Only thing I can do is shut it off :l

Any suggestions? Been trying to figure this out for hours. Also, the HDD I am trying to use is a 320Gb SATA II plugged into the black SATA2_2 in case anyone was wondering.

hellor4vr said:
Hello! I'm trying to do an install with the same motherboard (ga-z68x-ud3h-b3) and an i7 2600k with 4Gb of RAM (xmp disabled for now).

I get past the iBoot screen and pop in the 10.6.6 DVD that came with my MacBook Pro. From there, it loads a gray Apple screen with the logo and a loading icon. Above the icon, there is anti ( / ) symbol that pops up about a minute into it.

I googled the problem and I read about it being a boot failure. I've tried using the "PCIRootUID=1" with and without the -x. The only difference I get from typing the command before attempting to boot from the DVD is the screen stays black for 5 minutes and a small gray rectangle shows up. Only thing I can do is shut it off :l

Any suggestions? Been trying to figure this out for hours. Also, the HDD I am trying to use is a 320Gb SATA II plugged into the black SATA2_2 in case anyone was wondering.

Hello, sorry for the late response. You cannot use the Install DVDs which come with the specific Model – a DVD which came with a MacBook will not work with an iMac for instance. You need a regular/common Snow Leopard Install DVD.

I'm considering this board as well. I just got a 10% off any Z68 board coupon from Newegg that's only valid for 72 hours.

Could you please let me know if there's anything not working at this point, like USB 3, etc?

100% works???

used id, imac 11.2 or?

Pretty sure I'm getting this board too....it is feature packed for a mid price board and I think will be perfect for the 2600k and most hackintosh components, as this thread is showing. Now I just need a GTX 570 to be fully supported!

I have started to compile an install guide for this board, for those who are interested. It's a collaboration of my own effort and the miscellaneous threads pertaining to this board. Keep up the awesome work!

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=22797

Hi I have problem with running install DVD.

I am using retail DVD from Apple Store, it's 10.6.0 i think. I have used it many times on different PCs. Now I have problem with running it on my upgraded machine.

I have this motherboard, i5 2500K, 8GB RAM and ATi HD4850 from Gainward.

On my old PC with same GPU I had no problem with running installer.

Even in Chameleon I have some corrupted graphics, but after booting install DVD only this appears. Anybody helps me please? Thanks.

Attachments

• HD4850.jpg
    HD4850.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 452
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back