Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
sierralaptop.png
After months of testing, Apple plans to release macOS Sierra tomorrow via the Mac App Store.

Necessary for Update
To proceed with installation, you absolutely need the following.
  • Intel Core 2 or above, 64 bit CPU, 2GB RAM
  • A computer running Mac OS X 10.7.5 or later
  • Mac App Store account
  • Internet access to download the macOS Installation App through Mac App Store
  • 8.8GB free hard drive space available in /Applications
See Apple's Hardware Requirements for full details on Mac model compatibility.

Recommended Best Practices
When performing any full operating system upgrade, unexpected things can occur. To avoid data loss, these best practices should be adhered to. This upgrade should be a breeze, but if things do go wrong, you can always go back to your working installation.
  • Back up all of your data
  • Buy a spare USB drive
  • Clone your working drive
Site Updates
Soon we'll be releasing UniBeast 7.0 with a full installation guide. MultiBeast 9.0 for macOS Sierra will also be released in the coming days.
Related:
Backup Solutions For Your Mac or CustoMac
macOS Sierra Upgrade Available on September 20th

Last edited:
I've gotten the GM to work a bit ago on an X79 system with full power management, USB, NVMe and Nvidia Web Driver support. If anyone needs a push in the right direction let me know :)

I asked on Twitter, but will ask here as well -
is there a single reason for power user to upgrade to 10.12? I have found nothing interesting.. Literally.

... and I mean it - no info about internal improvements, memory management mess remains a mess.. and so on.
I'm not about to troll about it, it's serious question from power user to power users.

I'm assuming I don't know something.. (as I have no idea how to edit my profile after recent page changes, I'm currently on 10.11.6 - and I'm almost regret updating it from 10.10..)

Last edited:
is there a single reason for power user to upgrade to 10.12? I have found nothing interesting.. Literally.

... and I mean it - no info about internal improvements, memory management mess remains a mess.. and so on.
I'm not about to troll about it, it's serious question from power user to power users.

I'm assuming I don't know something..

Although it's not necessary to upgrade to macOS Sierra, the latest version is always recommended because of the latest security updates. That being said, El Capitan will still be supported by Apple for some time through supplemental updates.

Another reason to upgrade will be that Apple will eventually pull the installer App from the Mac App Store for El Capitan, as they did with Yosemite and earlier. Be sure to download El Capitan today if you want to archive the OS.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/os-x-el-capitan/id1018109117?mt=12

As of this posting El Capitan is still live. Tomorrow maybe not.

Currently using the Mac Pro 3,1 system definition.
Is it possible to change system definitions so that I could upgrade to Sierra?

I'm assuming I don't know something.. (as I have no idea how to edit my profile after recent page changes, I'm currently on 10.11.6 - and I'm almost regret updating it from 10.10..)

Apple File System?

Currently using the Mac Pro 3,1 system definition.
Is it possible to change system definitions so that I could upgrade to Sierra?

Yes you'll need to change your system definition in order to download Sierra- can be done with MultiBeast. We recommend iMac14,2 as a new universal default. I'll be putting up a post with more details soon.

Thanks for reply. Security patches are released for earlier systems as well.. Not as long as they should.. but ok.

I also can't use my App Store account since 10.11.2 (IIRC) - it was blocked for my hack.. so I can't install anything directly from AppStore anyway ;)

I'm still open to any technical arguments. Some of You hacked that OS more than I did, that's why I'm asking :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back