Contribute
Register

GED's Prodigy: i7-3770K - Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe - 16GB 2400MHz RAM - GA Radeon HD6870

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just looked and i don`t have it installed.I have the aicpupm.kext but i thought i need that one.
Sleep mode Doesn`t seem to work, does that mean speedstep isn`t working too?
And thanks by the way for the great advice.

Ok, thanks again.
I`m happy wih my new hackintosh up and running.

I'm pretty amazed as to what you can get in this case.

You're looking at an Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe, an i7-3770k, 16 GB corsair Vengeance RAM, a 650W PSU, Corsair C300 256GB (soon to be upgraded to an OCZ Vertex 4 512 GB), an OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB, 3 x WD Red 2TB's, 2x WD Green 2TB's, an XFX 6870 and a 5 x port multiplier. Along with a H80 cooler and bluray drive.

Have got a bit of tidying to do with the cabling though. Also operating temperatures are around 30 degrees idle. However currently the whole thing is cooled off of a 230 mm fan and the H80 with natural venting.

AND there is still room for 3 more 2.5 inch drives. (I will admit I did cut the sides of the HDD trays off)

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    515.3 KB · Views: 3,532
any idea if ripjaws 1600 will work instead of trident x?

I just want to add:

If you're planning to use the Corsair H80i (or H80 for that matter), be sure to install it the same exact way GED has done it.

Point the CPU block's (the pump?) hoses to the front of the case, and mount the radiator, with its label side facing the right side of the case (right side == the side with panel housing two USB 3.0 ports & power/reset button, audio ports). That way, you won't bent/mangled the hoses. Bent/mangled hoses == bad, because it'll prevent the liquid from cycling properly. There's very very little room in the case for the hoses to move, and I believe GED's figured out the best way to shove the H80's hoses.

Took me 2 hours to figure this out, when the answer is right infront of my eyes!

Well done, GED. Well done! Thanks for sharing those pictures!

TIP:
It's best to install the cooler on a motherboard that's still bare. Finish installing the H80i's CPU block (and secure it!) before installing anything else. Also, once the motherboard is mounted onto the Prodigy, it's best to finish connecting all the remaining headers before mounting the Radiator/Fans onto the back of the case. Basically, ignore the steps Corsair instructed. Clearly not meant for this setup! (Prodigy/ASUS P8Z77-i Deluxe).

A few questions:

1) I've yet to add a GPU on it, but I'm uncertain which GPU I'd go for. I'm looking at either a GTX670 or a GTX680. I'm a casual PC Gamer. Of course I'll be booting into Windows to do my gaming. Which GPU would you go for (also, which brand?)

2) Currently, I've got 10.8.2 running, using the HD4000 iGPU on my i5 3570K. Once I added a proper GPU, should I reinstall OS X, or can I run Multibeast and add GraphicsEnabler = no + Drivers for the GPU? I may have misunderstood something regarding the GPU drivers, it's either I need to install the drivers, or I won't have to because 10.8.2 supports GTX 670/680 natively. Someone correct me if I'm wrong?

1) define 'casual'. what games do you play, and at what res? the price of the 680 is quite high. even the 670 is expensive if you dont play taxing games, or play them at a lowish res.
as for brand, evga, asus, msi in that order.
2) no need to reinstall. just need GE=No and opencl patch

1) define 'casual'. what games do you play, and at what res? the price of the 680 is quite high. even the 670 is expensive if you dont play taxing games, or play them at a lowish res.
as for brand, evga, asus, msi in that order.
2) no need to reinstall. just need GE=No and opencl patch

1) HD Pong. ;). Hahaha, I don't know. I have a bunch of Steam games. So, Borderlands 1, 2, Crysis, etc. And I have a 27" Dell U2711. I've been a console gamer for the past 5 years, so I don't know much about PC games. Except a bunch of friends have been bugging me to join them.

2) Understood on the selections! I'll hunt for a EVGA. Someone was mentioning Gigabyte GTX 680 here, I guess that's not as good as the EVGAs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back