Contribute
Register

GED's Prodigy: i7-3770K - Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe - 16GB 2400MHz RAM - GA Radeon HD6870

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incredible! Are you going to tell Bitfenix about it? They might not like the fact you have to put a piece of cardboard in there so won't recommend it, but it could be something for their forums.

Incredible! Are you going to tell Bitfenix about it? They might not like the fact you have to put a piece of cardboard in there so won't recommend it, but it could be something for their forums.

Thanks! Good Idea! I've introduced my discovery there. BitFenix probably thought about it, since there are pre-drilled screw holes and pre-formed hook holes in the drive bay (this costs money), but they may have ruled it out due to the risk of short-circuit and frying the GPU (Hence the low-tech cardboard).

I unboxed my Prodigy case last night and had a read of the manual that came with it - it actually includes instructions on how to turn the drive bays around like you describe, but it doesn't mention being able to install a long GPU in there at the same time if you do turn them around.

mountain lion and lion working?

Hello There this is a similar Rig that i will be building: case:lian li Pc-q08
Motherboard:asus P8Z77-I deluxe
CPU:I7 3770k
Cooling:H80
Graphics:internal
have you got yours to work with the setup you got?
Thanks Tiaan

This is an incredibly sexy build. Well done to the fullest. I was considering a I7 2600k, but with all these new successful processors, I may have to make the jump.

Awesome build, have you tried Mountain Lion?

As I'm awaiting an RMA replacement for my EVGA GTX580, I thought I'd try to get the onboard graphics on my 3570k a try using ML. I haven't had a lick of success thus far. I've read the HD4000 threads but after many attempts I haven't found a successful combination.

I'm going to try the instructions at the beginning of this thread to revert to Lion, I haven't been able to find Unibeast 1.4 in the archive of the downloads section so I'm making a Lion stick now with USB 1.5.2. Has anyone tried to install using the newest version of Unibeast?

Hey Ged,

Have you taken a look at samisnakes post on flashing the bios for your board? Looks like you could get everything working natively. I'm not sure on the nitty-gritty, but everyone seems to be excitied. Take a look at http://www.tonymacx86.com/116-modified-roms-flashable-asus-z77-h77.html
Let us know how it goes. As I understand it this development would remove the advantage of using a gigabyte ITX board (which hasn't come out yet!). Not sure on that one. More reading to do...

I'm EXTREMELY hesitant to flash my BIOS! There were over 60 pages on that particular thread and none seemed to be geared specifically for the P8Z77-i board.

I perused the thread, but honestly I'm more confused than ever. Will I additionally need a DSDT? (Is there one?) Are the BIOs settings prior to install different for ML? Can I support a GTX580 and a 30" Dell U3011 display? I'm going to keep reading, but the more I read the more I get spun around and become unsure on what to do next.

Great build and pics Ged, thanks for kicking things off!

I'm considering this board for my next setup. In fact, it'll be almost identical except that I plan to use onboard graphics. Are there any issues using Mountain Lion with this board? Does everything work properly? USB 3.0? Power management (sleep, p-states etc)? Can you overclock on this board -- I heard you could if you hack the BIOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back