Graphics
Nvidia 285GTX x2
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello fellow hackintoshers, this is my first post here and I seem to have quite an issue. I have built myself a Z77x-UP5 hackintosh but the install seems to flat out not work. I have a USB Lion install that I am trying to get to work and it just keeps resetting my machine. Like if I select the USB install at the boot screen, the screen goes black for six seconds and then reboots my machine.

I attempted to install Snow Leopard and got that to work however when upgrading to 10.6.8 (even with the upgrade helper) after the reboot, the machine halts at the Grey Apple Logo and that's it, nothing. The only Kernel panic I received was an ACPI panic when I selected the iBoot option straight from the iBoot CD, however even in verbose mode, the machine will run through all of the read codes and then go to black and that's it,nothing from there. No panics, no errors, no nothing.

My machine specs are as follows:

Mother Board: GA-Z77X-UP5 TH (Bios f9 and F4)
Chip: 3770K
Graphics: on board

HDD: Vertex 4

RAM G.Gkill 1600 8GB Single stick

And that's it, no crazy hardware specs. The thing that concerns me is that others have just stuck the USB drive in and everything worked so I wonder if I might have some faulty gear. Anyway thanks in advance, I'll continue to plug away.

Kpro

Any special reason why you like to use old os version like Snow Leopard (10.6) or Lion (10.7) ?
The board works fine for me with Mountain Lion (10.8) ...

The reason I am using an old OS such as Lion is, I don't have Mountain Lion. Snow leopard was just to check that I could even get the OS loaded; trouble shooting anything that I missed. It's not really that I "like" using older OS's. If the problem is Mountain Lion then I guess I'll have to get it some how. I prefer to use Mountain Lion, but not having it makes it difficult. Thanks for the advice, I will update this thread if anything goes wrong with Mountain Lion.

you must remember that apple builds os's to work with the hardware in current macs/relatively recent macs and since the use of ivybridge processors commenced after the launch of lion. you can assume that a unibeast installer that is 10.7 to 10.7.x (until a version that supports ivybridge) will not work.
so long story short youll need a lion installer that is ivybridge compatible. but if it were me id get 10.8

Thank you all. As suspected lion won't install on this build, no it was a newb mistake. Got Mountain Lion and it's a snap just like the other UP5 owners said. Stick it and press a button, fool proof. Again, thank you.

is there anyway to send me your printscreen of the UniBeast after installing Mountain Lion.
Is my first hackintosh and I am confused with picking options from MultiBeast to make the system working

I have 7ZZX-UP5 TH, i7 3770, I am using at the moment the integrated card but I also have a GT 640 Gygabyte, Installed the system with one dim of 16gb Corsair Vengeance ( but I have a total of 4 slots) OCZ Agility 120gb SSD

Any info on the initial setup will help.

Thank you guys

Hi Razvanduta,

I have exactly the same motherboard as you and my system is running perfectly including sound, ethernet, graphics, Thunderbolt and USB 3.0.
There is a guide here by Alfa FYI > http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...nderbolt-updated-10-8-2-multibeast-5-2-a.html. I started my install procedure with Intel card before moving onto Nvidia. As you are not using a GT 670 card as Alfa is, but a 640, which is slightly different, so you need to use second Nvidia Fermi 2GB Patch > option in Multibeast Graphics.

As for the other options I have outlined them in my guide below but they are just three more to choose in Multibeast - UserDSDT setting, Realtek ALC898 WITHOUT DSDT, and hNak's 1000IntelESD kext. Once saved, this will be enough to boot and run the system. I would advise either using the nearest HDMI slot on your Nvidia or farthest DVI to connect. For extra help I attach the following BIOS pictures from my setup for you here as well:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...tion-screen-osx-mountain-lion.html#post511912

Hope that helps.

EDIT: I DID NOT INSTALL LACIE USB 3.0 in Multibeast - it worked for me

Attachments

• IMG_3061.jpg
    IMG_3061.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2,050
  • IMG_3062.jpg
    IMG_3062.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,720
  • IMG_3063.jpg
    IMG_3063.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,731
  • IMG_3066.JPG
    IMG_3066.JPG
    860.4 KB · Views: 1,678
  • IMG_3067.JPG
    IMG_3067.JPG
    895.4 KB · Views: 1,474
  • IMG_3068.JPG
    IMG_3068.JPG
    907.2 KB · Views: 1,605
  • IMG_3069.JPG
    IMG_3069.JPG
    789.9 KB · Views: 1,275
I have an issue that I can't find elsewhere. I have the board in question and I have followed the Complete Guide (GTX 670 + HD4000) guide. I was able to get through the entire list except for the "Install the Patched MacBook Air and MacBook Pro Update 2.0." At this stage, the install package indicated my computer was not supported. I then rebooted.

At the reboot I saw the count to load the default and off it went but now I am stuck at the apple screen with a spinning circle of lines.

I am wondering if I need to attempt Unibeast/Multibeast again? Could this be an issue with having Mac Pro 3.1 as the default profile loading?

Many thanks for any suggestions.

The current build:

i7-3770k 3.5
32 GB RAM
256 GB OCZ Vector
GeForce GTX 650Ti (not presently installed)
LG Blu-ray burner
TP-Link WiFi adapter
Seasonic 760W Gold
Silverstone FT02 USB3.0

EDIT: As a follow-up, I was able to boot into the system and I managed get into the system but I still can't install the patched Macbook file. I keep getting "There were errors with the installation. You may want to try installing again."

I changed my clock in the bios to a year earlier but that did not help. I actually can't seem to install any software (specifically the nvidia drivers for the 650) and I have gone through the steps of adding AppleACPIPlatform.kext and repairing permissions.

So as for right now, my system will boot but only if I -v -x. I can't install anything and my res is capped at 1280x800.

I can provide better details if I know what I am should describe. Any help would be much appreciated.

Zanth,

Are you using 10.7 Lion or 10.8 Mountain Lion with the update? As it's only meant for Mountain Lion 10.8!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back