Contribute
Register

GA-Z77X-UD5H Mountain Lion Sleep Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
reinstalled the OS X with these settings

XMP Disabled / XHCI Auto / XHCI Hand Off Enabled / EHCI Hand Off Enabled

NOW everything is ok.

Has anyone with this motherboard figured out how to keep an XMP profile enabled without experiencing the mouse/keyboard lag? I would like to get the most out of my RAM...but this keyboard/mouse lag after sleep is really annoying. If I disable my XMP profile it doesn't do that. Windows sleep seems to be fine.

Has anyone with this motherboard figured out how to keep an XMP profile enabled without experiencing the mouse/keyboard lag? I would like to get the most out of my RAM...but this keyboard/mouse lag after sleep is really annoying. If I disable my XMP profile it doesn't do that. Windows sleep seems to be fine.

I would like to +1 this as my sleep wake issues (haven't tried auto sleep yet don't really have much use for it) i set the memory clock manually to 1600 MHz when I disabled XMP but noticed a drop in geekbench score from 14801 to something around 144xx. I read in another thread that the performance drops after sleep and then comes back up gradually. A fix for this is changing the system definition.. Now that I tested once again and im up to 146xx's I'm considering trying that

UPDATE: I realized that even though my sleep/wake and mouse freeze issues were gone when I leave the machine in sleep for an extended period of time I will still get mouse and keyboard freeze.. Anyone else observed this?

I have these Mouse freezes too after sleep when XMP is enabled on the UD5H. Without using XMP everything is ok. Is there any solution to enable XMP without these Freezes after Sleep? My RAM's run only with 1333 MHz without XMP and 1600 MHz with XMP enabled...

Thanks! Disabling XMP worked for me, now the mouse comes back right away and the keyboard only lags for 2-3 seconds.

Try disabling XMP if you are setting XHCI Mode to Auto.
If Smart Auto or enabled you can use XMP.
I think when iMac13,x smbio.plist is available, it will fix the problem as the new iMac will be available with 1600MHz memory modules.

Test this solution and inform me please.

I tried the new iMac 13,1 system definition from MultiBeast 5.2.1 to see if there would be no lag with XMP enabled, but still get 30-40 seconds before my mouse and keyboard are usable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back