Contribute
Register

GA-X79-UD5 UPDATE F13w BIOS settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello, me too. i upgraded and can't boot... i put f12 back.

Due to the latest Windows Update my PC crashed, unrevertable.
I could not even install fresh windows any more... thought the MoBo was damaged and in my
desperation as a last possibility I decided to upgrade BIOS from f12 to latest f13w...
Wtf... I could install windows again, but my hackintosh stopped working...
unfortunately the qflash utility flash BOTH BIOSes, so I cant switch between two different
BIOS versions with the switch on the MoBo as I thought it is supposed to... wtf...
and even worse.... qflash does not let me flash f12 back... it says "outdated version"....f***
I tried @BIOS tool also... same result
I tried Efiflash via DOS.... same result... f***

so... how did you manage to revert to f12???
or... what are the setting needed in f13w to get hackintosh back to life again?

thank you,
yves

Hi there
Today I had the same problem like you guys.
I went pack to the F13p with this solution:
http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/t...uefi-to-previous-hybrid-bios-gigabyte.168667/

I packed all the files in the attachment.

BTW:
I was tying to install Windows 7 and was not able to load the SATA driver. The Windows Installation refused evrey driver I've tried... Has anyone a solution for this problem?

Bru3

I had a corrupted bios about a week ago, my helpful mobo helped me out by copying my other bios (which I never used) over to replace the corrupted one.... Turns out my other one was f13w :(

Broke Mavericks. broke Mountain Lion, even busted Windows 7, no sleep, screen wont turn off, crashing on render etc

After days of googling, dos flashing and a few other ways of trying to fix it I found the above solution.

THANK YOU SIR!!!!

Worked a charm, first time.

That f13w bios is a joke from Gigabyte, must be.

I had a corrupted bios about a week ago, my helpful mobo helped me out by copying my other bios (which I never used) over to replace the corrupted one.... Turns out my other one was f13w :(

Broke Mavericks. broke Mountain Lion, even busted Windows 7, no sleep, screen wont turn off, crashing on render etc

After days of googling, dos flashing and a few other ways of trying to fix it I found the above solution.

THANK YOU SIR!!!!

Worked a charm, first time.

That f13w bios is a joke from Gigabyte, must be.

I agree !!!!!! Thank you !! I was happy and running 10.8 100% fine until this mess. Forced to go to 10.10.... not running 100% at all .....

If any one has this board running on 10.10, PLEASE share !!!

I agree !!!!!! Thank you !! I was happy and running 10.8 100% fine until this mess. Forced to go to 10.10.... not running 100% at all .....

If any one has this board running on 10.10, PLEASE share !!!

Yea I know. It is a old post. My system is running on 10.10.5.
I dont know what you mean with not running 100%

@S_maurice
It is possible to copy your Main BIOS to the Backup BIOS:
- Use a PS/2 Keyboard
- During Boot time press Alt and F10 (some tutorials also mentioned Alt+F12)

Here is another solution to flash your bios using LINUX:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/ga-x79-ud5-update-f13w-bios-settings.116089/#post-862603

Cheers Bru3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back