Mobo: GA-P67A-UD4-B3
CPU: i5 2500K 3.3GHz
RAM: 8GB (2 x 4GB) RipJaws 1600
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 5700
Power: Antec EA-650 EarthWatts 650W
SSD: 80GB Intel SATA2
HD: 2TB SATA3
CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster V8

I saw this example using a GA-P67A-UD3-B3 mobo, and have seen other posts that suggest you can use the UD4 with 8GB RAM to make a hackintosh.

I've already got a lot of stuff installed on the 80GB drive using Windows 7.
I'd like to dual boot with OSX from a partition on the 2TB drive.
I've looked around on the forum already, and can see that I should be able to create a reasonably stable hackintosh with the hardware I have, but was not able to find some examples of how to do a dual boot with Win7 already installed.

I really don't want to mess up my new Win 7 install. Any links or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

My build is very similar to yours, see my signature below. I have a working 10.6.6 hackintosh with it now, but will be starting to play with the updated software tomorrow.

I also have Windows 7 installed on a separate SATA drive and am able to boot to it easily by switching my boot order at startup (F12). I have not played much with booting to Windows from the bootloader (Chameleon), but probably will try to figure that out in the future.

The issue you may run into is if your BIOS wasn't set to AHCI when Windows 7 was installed. Your hackintosh will require this BIOS change. I believe I have seen guides online to modify your Windows 7 install so you don't have to reinstall Windows. Of course you could change your BIOS settings every time you switch OSes, but that isn't very convenient.

So long as you keep separate drives for each bootloader/OS, you could either use the BIOS to switch between the OSes, or set Chameleon as the primary and use it to boot both. I've only seen two issues with Chameleon loading Windows 7 - backups will fail because the OS will be incapable of getting complete control of the drive, and SP1's installation will fail for the same reason. for both, you'll have to boot directly to the Windows drive then run those features if you need to.

I've seen some people complain about sleep and/or hibernation not working as well, though I didn't see that on my previous build.

zeeko30 said:
My build is very similar to yours, see my signature below. I have a working 10.6.6 hackintosh with it now, but will be starting to play with the updated software tomorrow.

I've got a similar setup only 2500k i5. I can boot with iboot legacy and get into the installer but it fails at some point during the install. :banghead:

What did you do to get it to work?

Thanks

Thanks for all the replies. It looks like I have a lot more research to do. I will look into buying another hard drive just for Mac.

Again, thanks!

redboy33 said:
zeeko30 said:

I've got a similar setup only 2500k i5. I can boot with iboot legacy and get into the installer but it fails at some point during the install. :banghead:

What did you do to get it to work?

Thanks

Here is a rundown of what worked for me: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=15138&p=101729#p101729

Re: GA-P67A-UD4-B3 Sandybridge - Multi Boot Win7 - Advice please

I just made my computer a dual boot Windows/Ubuntu with Wubi.
It installed Ubuntu on a partition on my 2TB drive for me and now, the Windows Boot Manager gives me the option of booting into either at startup.

I also found EasyBCD that allows you to [ur=http://www.brighthub.com/computing/windows-platform/articles/40466.aspxl]edit boot options [/url]on Windows boot manager. So I'm guessing I could install the hackintosh on another hard drive and use EasyBCD to include the Macintosh drive. Of course, this may foul up sleep mode on the mac, and there are the ACHI issues I need to research... Any thoughts?

Hello everybody, I'm in desperate need of help, have a p67a UD4-b3, core i5 2500 .. after inserting the arrow cdboot and install the mac os x leopard .. do not start the install always gets caught in a black screen .... help me please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back