Contribute
Register

GA-B75M-D3P Motherboard & NO AUDIO!! PLEASE HELP!! 1st Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you guys. I did a clean install and followed moarfish's instructions on his forum and got the sound working. As far as I can tell, everything is working 100%.

The only other thing I would like to do is be able to monitor the computer temperature. I tried installing the FakeSMC plugins before doing the clean install and then I couldnt boot (just kept loading at the apple screen).

For FakeSMC, it is happened with problem after 10.8.2 update.

This is what I have done for my H67MA build after 10.8.2 update:
"10.8.2 Update
Process:
1. Download the the Combo updater here: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1581
2. Install the Combo Updater, do not reboot.
3. Open Multibeast 5.0.2, reinstall the Sound driver.
4. If you have install FakeSMC like me, remember to delete OemSMBIOS.kext in /System/Library/Extensions/ (Very important, it will hang during boot if you do not delete it.)
TonyMac say that the OemSMBIOS.kext is inside /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Content/Plugin however, it is not in my case. It is inside the path above. Don't know why.
5. Reboot.
Done"

So to monitor temperatures I only need to install FakeSMC? I don't need to install the plugins too?

thanks

I am having some interesting audio problems too. Follewed Maorfish's instructional, most everything worked. Except i get sound out of my right speaker/ headphone, but not the left! Any idea what that is about? Also, mute works for me.

Also, HDMI does not work for either my B75 port or my graphics card (nvidia geforce 9800 GT). Any idea how to fix that?

Thanks again Moarfish for the awesome directions for the B75 build! I was bashing my head against the wall until I found your build. :clap:

So to monitor temperatures I only need to install FakeSMC? I don't need to install the plugins too?

thanks

You'll need to install the plug in but remove one kext file as I have mentioned in the steps.

I am having some interesting audio problems too. Follewed Maorfish's instructional, most everything worked. Except i get sound out of my right speaker/ headphone, but not the left! Any idea what that is about? Also, mute works for me.

Also, HDMI does not work for either my B75 port or my graphics card (nvidia geforce 9800 GT). Any idea how to fix that?

Thanks again Moarfish for the awesome directions for the B75 build! I was bashing my head against the wall until I found your build. :clap:

HDMI do not work for your B75 port if you are not using Intel HD4000 capable CPU. If your Ivy bridge is running HD2500, the on board graphics do not work.

I do not have the problem of MONO sound you've mentioned. I got both side with sound without any modification.

I got my GA-B75M-D3P a couple days ago. Paired with a Xeon e3 1230v2 and 1x8gb kingston valueram.

I followed Moarfish's guide and everything works good on 10.8.0 and 10.8.1 except for one problem. At boot my keyboard and mouse don't work. If I put the machine to sleep and wake it up they work fine similar to the OP graphics problem. Audio works fine.

Same Kexts as in Moar's guide.
User DSDT/DSDT Free
ALC877/888b
3rd Party Sata
Official Realtek

Also did FakeSMC + Plugins + HW Monitor

When I do the 10.8.2 combo update and run multibeast I end up getting "Sound Assertion AppleHDACodecGeneric at line 360"

UPDATE: I found out that my processor doesn't have HD 4000 graphics, so no HDMI video from the motherboard. Also, through further investigation, I found that the GT 9800 graphics card HDMI will never work. I got a EVGA GT 640 instead, and HDMI works perfectly. I guess I should have researched better.

As far sound goes, I think my speakers are just bad. When I put a USB sound card in and use headphones, I have stereo sound, so that leads to believe that I just have bad speakers.

Thanks so much everyone i love this thread it has been so helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back