Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 & NVIDIA GeForce GT 520MX
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,
I have a few quick questions before starting the installation proccess of Mac OS X on my laptop...
My laptop specs are:
ASUS X53SC (or K53SC, different code but apparently the same model)
- Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz
- 4GB DDR3 RAM
- 750GB HDD
- Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 520MX
The HDD has three partitions:
1.- Win7 64-bit (195 GB, NTFS)
2.- EMPTY (Reserved for Mac OS X) (100 GB, NTFS)
3.- Data (405 GB, NTFS)
NOTE: The idea is to Dual-Boot Win7 and Mac OS X.
I've done some research and I do know the NVIDIA Graphics Card won't work, but I still want to try and make it work with the build-in Intel Graphics Card.
Finally, my questions are:
- I already have Windows 7 64-bit installed on it, can I install Mac OS X without formatting??
- Do I have any risks of lossing my data in my partitions 1 and 3??
- If after all the installation does not work and I want to go back to what I previously had, I only need to format my partition 2, right??

P.D.: Related site: http://www.osx86.net/10-7-lion/15501-installed-mac-osx-lion-asus-k53sc-work-fine.html

Unfortunately, no. On this site, we only support tonymacx86's tools, and those tools require that you install Mac OS X on a reformatted hard drive. So you would have to erase Windows from your hard drive first.

But if I use iBoot, then my Win7 partition wouldn't be touched while installing Mac OS X and the only thing I have to do after the Mac OS X installation is reinstall Windows Bootloader to log into my Win7 partition.

Right :? ??

x182x said:
But if I use iBoot, then my Win7 partition wouldn't be touched while installing Mac OS X and the only thing I have to do after the Mac OS X installation is reinstall Windows Bootloader to log into my Win7 partition.

Right :? ??

Not exactly. Since you already have Windows installed, your hard drive uses the MBR partition table. Mac OS X doesn't support the MBR partition table, only the GUID partition table. To change the partition table of the hard drive, you have to reformat it entirely from the Mac OS X installer.

The Windows HDD is formatted in MBR most likely. OS X requires GPT (GUID).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back