Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H rev1.1
CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
EVGA Geforce GTX 680
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Is anyone using an EVGA GTX 750 successfully with Yosemite or El Capitan?
Found out after building my system that HDMI can only do 1080P in OS X, would like to find a cheap low power graphics card with DisplayPort that can do 2560x1440 @60hz.

Found out after building my system that HDMI can only do 1080P in OS X, would like to find a cheap low power graphics card with DisplayPort that can do 2560x1440 @60hz.

I'm using a Gigabyte GTX 750 with DisplayPort at 2560x1440. The exact model number is GV*-N750OC*-2GL. I paid $130 for it in Dec. 2014, but I'm sure you can get it much cheaper now.

I been running a 750 ti in one of my rigs for awhile. Its a maxwell card so it won't work OOB. You will need a nvidia web driver installed to get it working.

Nice, yeah just bought a used EVGA GTX 750 off ebay for $80 When I install this, should I use latest Nvidia cuda driver (7.5.22), I'm running El Capitan 10.11.2

The CUDA drivers are an entirely unrelated animal from the graphics card drivers. CUDA enables computation on the graphics card. What you need are the Nvidia web drivers, you can find a link to them at
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...raphics-drivers-os-x-10-11-2-346-03-04-a.html. Of course you can also install CUDA if you have a need for it, but it isn't necessary for your graphics card to work.

Ok thanks!

Are any of you able to get 2560x1440 with HDMI with the GTX 750, or does Yosemite/El Capitan limit graphics cards HDMI port to 1080P as well?

I believe the HDMI can do 2560x1440, but only at 30Hz refresh rate. I'm running it over DisplayPort at the full 60Hz.

Is there anyway you could double check, otherwise I need to buy a displayport cable, I only have a mini displayport I use on my Macbook Pro, and I have a million HDMI cables, haha

Is there anyway you could double check, otherwise I need to buy a displayport cable, I only have a mini displayport I use on my Macbook Pro, and I have a million HDMI cables, haha

I was mistaken, it's a limitation of my monitor, not of my graphics card. My monitor will only do HDMI in that resolution at 30Hz - the card can output it just fine.

Just got my EVGA GTX 750 today, installed it and it still thinks my monitor is a TV- hooked up through HDMI, display port cable should be coming soon, praying that it will recognize native 2560x1440 resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back