Graphics
GTS450
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all, I'm new there and I really want to Update soon as possible to Mountain Lion.
I've not Mac computers and for my friends it's the same.
I'm trying to Install Mac OS X Snow Leopard from a retail DVD (I'm following the iBoot + Multibeast guide) and then update to ML like said before..but I've some problems :(
(Following the Guide) I turn on my pc and instert the iBoot cd, then I eject iBoot and insert Mac Os X Install DVD.
The guide says to first try without any boots and so I did...but I got an error which said: "Bad Display Config Block...Error:nVidia Rom Patching Failed". So I thought about a Graphic Card error and I used GraphicsEnable=No ; Then another problem came up (a panic): "Unable to Find Driver for this Platform:\"ACPI\".\n"@\SoucheCache/xnu/xnu-1504.15.27/iokir/Kernel and so on (If you want a screen to better undestand just ask me and I'll give you).
At this point I thought to try with some boots (at least GraphicsEnable=No solved the "Bad Display" error)...
I chose boots adviced on guide like GraphicsEnable=No PCIRootUID=1 and didn't work; GraphicsEnable=No -x and the same; GraphicsEnable=No PCIRootUID=1 -x and didn't work again..So I don't know whatelse to do.

My PC Configuration:
Intel i3 2120 (just a temporary cpu for Snow Leopard)
GA-Z77-DS3H
Nvidia Geforce Palit GTS450 1GB DDR5
1x4gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz (I've another 4gb but I followed the guide)

Thanks for your patience, I'll stay tuned to read some of your advices.
PS: I just think the real problem is my Video Card; I just want to change it but for now I've only this..If the problem is really the VidCard then I'll wait for a new one: I'm in your hands :p

Hi all, I'm new there and I really want to Update soon as possible to Mountain Lion.
I'm trying to Install Mac OS X Snow Leopard from a retail DVD (I'm following the iBoot + Multibeast guide) and then update to ML like said before..but I've some problems :(
(Following the Guide) I turn on my pc and instert the iBoot cd, then I eject iBoot and insert Mac Os X Install DVD.
The guide says to first try without any boots and so I did...but I got an error which said: "Bad Display Config Block...Error:nVidia Rom Patching Failed". So I thought about a Graphic Card error and I used GraphicsEnable=No ; Then another problem came up (a panic): "Unable to Find Driver for this Platform:\"ACPI\".\n"@\SoucheCache/xnu/xnu-1504.15.27/iokir/Kernel and so on (If you want a screen to better undestand just ask me and I'll give you).
At this point I thought to try with some boots (at least GraphicsEnable=No solved the "Bad Display" error)...
I chose boots adviced on guide like GraphicsEnable=No PCIRootUID=1 and didn't work; GraphicsEnable=No -x and the same; GraphicsEnable=No PCIRootUID=1 -x and didn't work again..So I don't know whatelse to do.

My PC Configuration:
GA-Z77-DS3H

PS: I just think the real problem is my Video Card; I just want to change it but for now I've only this..If the problem is really the VidCard then I'll wait for a new one: I'm in your hands :p

JakeTheSlayer
As your CPU is a Sandy Bridge unit we need to use a command line for it an other items
I suggest you use this - Best Startup Switch for inital install from iBoot w Apple DVD
-x -v -f acpi=off PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No
Enter all of these on the command line after boot from iBoot when installing the Apple DVD ...

We need to use this install process from Jester969
-------------------------------------------------------------------
How to due a sandybridge cpu w compatable hardware OSX hack 10.6.8 build. jester969

Typical installation steps are:
1) iBoot + Disk Utility + install Snow Leopard DVD (perform install via DVD) reboot
2) iBoot + Installed OSX HDD (boot with iBoot and loading OS via newly installed HDD) - get welcome screen
3) Run Update Helper and Reboot?
4) iBoot + Installed OSX HDD, run combo update 10.6.8 , DO NOT reboot
5) Run Multibeast and select option which are required to your board.
6) Reboot w/out iBoot

Audio/Ethernet/DSDT
DSDT and BIOS firmware must match to the corresponding number.
------------------------------------------------------------
Now this motherboard has no DSDT file in the DSDT section so you will need to use the userbeast option and select your options based upon the
hardware your MB has on it - read this post as someone mentions how to do the install w/o the
http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/58442-ga-z77-ds3h.html
I sugguest you look at the old site and do a seach on it for information on installing SL on this MB, that site is legacy.tonymacx86.com
if you need to get some file that is listed in a post you will need to create an account.

Also as your CPU has HD2000 this onboard GFX has no support outside of 1024x768x32 which will be your max monitor on this intel GFX.
Suggest using the other video card. Not sure if you can disable this in the bios.

If you get to 10.6.7 this could be you point to to got to ML

Thank you very much! That would be so helpful :)
This afternoon I'll try again with your boot advices, hoping it will finally work.
By the way, with "use the other video card" you mean the GTS450? As I can undestand the HD2000 isn't so great.
I'm not so aware about DSDT on my motherboard..my question is: I should do all the "Typical installation steps" you just showed me and then think about userbeast or what? To be easy:
Now this motherboard has no DSDT file in the DSDT section so you will need to use the userbeast option and select your options based upon the
hardware your MB has on it - read this post as someone mentions how to do the install w/o the
GA-Z77-DS3H
I sugguest you look at the old site and do a seach on it for information on installing SL on this MB, that site is legacy.tonymacx86.com
if you need to get some file that is listed in a post you will need to create an account.

I should think about this before doing all the steps? Thanks, I'll let you know if the boots worked as well as
Jester969 said. :)

JakeTheSlayer
I suggest you use this - Best Startup Switch for inital install from iBoot w Apple DVD
-x -v -f acpi=off PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No
Enter all of these on the command line after boot from iBoot when installing the Apple DVD ...

Hey man, I used right now these commands (you) adviced to, but Now I've another problem, watch the picture!
img20120927141239.jpg

Thanks for your patience :)
PS: As you said I just disabled this time the Internal Graphic: I only used GTS450 Video Card, and ofc changed IDE to AHCI.

Hey man, I used right now these commands (you) adviced to, but Now I've another problem, watch the picture!
View attachment 32798

Thanks for your patience :)
PS: As you said I just disabled this time the Internal Graphic: I only used GTS450 Video Card, and ofc changed IDE to AHCI.

JakeTheSlayer

I assume that this error is on the initial boot from iBoot trying to load the Apple OSX.

What I am seeing is that the acpi is halting / causing the KP - you did use the command acpi=off

What you may want to use is this and limit the number of cpu's that the OS will use.

-x -v -f apci=off cpus=1 PCIRootUID=0 busratio=20 GraphicsEnabler=No

the busratio statement will limit the speed of the processor - so if your factory bussratio is greated that 20 - setting it to 20 will slow the CPU down, not always needed so it could be removed and then used later if needed.

Also You should look in the BIOS - under powere managment to make sure that your Power settings are set to S2 ( their are 3 levels S1 S2 S3)

The same applies for this command - npci=0x2000 which is for PCI configuration, so if you do want to use this add it last.
after the GE=No...

You could also try to enable the interal GFX for testing as well - just remember that it will be ugly and limited resolution.

This is a black art so we dont have a guide to every senario -

ALso I have found good results w looking at some Video from YourTube -
His vid on Best Practice - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZl1Gv3J7bg
His vid on Basic Overview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIOJB3EVHaw
His vid on Bootloader flags http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDw3RhLWAjE

I tried all these days but I'm bored now...It gives me the same error and I don't know how to get it work...Do you think I should use a real mac and try to install Mountain Lion with Ivy Bridge? The problem is that I've not friends with mac and I've not too...I think I won't get a Mac so far.. :(

I tried all these days but I'm bored now...It gives me the same error and I don't know how to get it work...Do you think I should use a real mac and try to install Mountain Lion with Ivy Bridge? The problem is that I've not friends with mac and I've not too...I think I won't get a Mac so far.. :(

JakeTheSlayer

If you have a Mac w OSX 10.6 or 10.7 or 10.8 - and you can use if for a while then I would get is done and then try w the UNIBEAST

My PC Configuration:
GA-Z77-DS3H

JaketheSlayer

UPDATE

News Flash....

We have a new iBoot cd for Ivy Bridge that supports the Ivy Bridge line of CPU's and this should allow you to get you to install SL and then allow You to get to the APP store and purchase - download - make - and install a UniBeast flash Drive. :clap:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leop...x-10-6-snow-leopard-ivy-bridge-based-pcs.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back