NVIDIA EVGA GTX 550 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I'm making a hackintosh and new to this. My current computer involves the asus p8z77 v lx motherboard. The installation of Mac OS X 10.8.2 (mountain lion) was successful. Before running Multibeast, ik i need to get the dsdt file. I have done reading online and have confused myself.

1. Do I need a DSDT file? What does the file do/fix? (I read that I do not need to have a dsdt file)

2. Where can i get a dsdt file if i need one?

3. Do I need to flash my bios/efi if I have a dsdt file?

4. Where i can get a modded/patched bios to flash?

5. Is patching the bios related to the dsdt file?

Thanks for your help!

Thanks a lot Adrian B for your help! I am finally getting somewhere but ran into a few problems. After applying the patch to the default DSDT, when i go to compile, i get these 2 error messages:

Error (Code 6105): Invalid Object Type for reserved name(_CRS: Found Integer, Buffer required)
Warning (Code 3128): ResourceTag larger than Field (Size mismatch, Tag: 64 bits, Field: 32 bits)

What should I do to resolve these errors (also, i tried searching on here and google, and did not get any results)? Should I ask PJALM because they made the patch?

Thanks for your help!

jspartan

Bump: Does anyone have a possible solution?

Also, I was thinking, for the warning about 64 bit vs 32 bit, could it be because the patch was made for 32 bit and I have to change that value to 64 bit? I have never done this before, so ive been trying to find a solution.

Please let me know if my fix might work and how I can fix the 2 errors.

Thanks,

jspartan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back