I5 2500k
Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3
8Gb Kingston 1600
OCZ Vertex 2
WD 500Gb green
Gigabyte GTX 560 (not TI)
Corsair CX 600
Antec Three Hundred

I have installed Mountain Lion, Multibeast post intallation and upgraded to 10.8.1, everything looks all right, the system is stable. An overclocking would help me very much (i'm working with FCPX), but the problem is that I don’t have DSDT for Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 and because of that the OS is not reading the values from bios.
Have to say that I add
<key>SMexternalclock</key>
<string>100</string>
<key>SMmaximalclock</key>
<string>4200</string>
in SMBIOS.plist and OS read the frecvency just fine, but without a sign of better performance (9500 pct geekbench, 4.99 CINEBENCH 11.5 CPU). I've even tried SSDT i5/i7 for OC, but no results.

If someone knows how and want to build an DSDT for this MB and would like to help me, I would be grateful.
Thx!

Just extract a DSDT on a new installation using DSDT editor and save it as .dsl formate and attach it.

Next week i want to buy a GA-Z77-DS3H, therefore my Asrock will become a gift for a WINuser friend :)... and the problems stop here for me. But, if you know some troubles in this combo Z77-DS3H+i5 2500k, please tell me. Anyway, thx a lot for your kindness, even though my problems were resolved in another way.

Best regards,
Mugur

Im running the same MB. ML installed no problem audio/ Video/ lan works perfectly
only issue is the sleep.
Did the custom BIOS fixed that for you?
Do you mind sharing where you got it from?

dervan, you need a DSDT with correct edits to get the sleep working on that motherboard.

Using DSDT extrator extract a DSDT and save it as .dsl format (4th option under file tab) compress it and attach it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back