Contribute
Register

Do you use iPhoto?

Do you use iPhoto?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I use iPhoto to get photos off my cameras and into a database, either on an external drive or internally, swapping as needed.

For more serious work I do have Aperture BUT I was so surprised by how Adobe Lightroom has romped ahead of it in the features stakes recently.

Obviously we now know that Aperture and iPhoto are doomed and will be replaced next year by the Photos app. However we don't yet know how far it will go to help the keen amateur or pro.

Aperture is still a great app but I discovered how good Lightroom had become only a couple of weeks ago when I tried v5.x.

I'd taken some Canon RAW files and they suffered from Chromatic Aberration away from the centre. I tried Aperture and although it could remove the effect on one side, this just left the opposite side of the frame more colourful. Adjusting the other side see-sawed the effect to the original side. There may be clever tricks to vary the CA adjustment BUT when loaded into Lightroom I just ticked the remove Chromatic Aberration check-box and all CA was gone across the whole frame automatically. Quite honestly I found this marvellous and juggled back and forth between apps to make sure I wasn't imagining it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back