Contribute
Register

Dell XPS 12 (9Q33) OS X Mavericks Instillation

Status
Not open for further replies.
USB keyboard and PS2 keyboard are handled by completely different driver code. So this is not a driver issue. Some sort of issue with the input system in general, or a problem caused in the input system by the ps2 driver?

Try removing the ps2 drivers from the USB. You will find them in /Extra/Extensions on the USB. ApplePS2Controller.kext and AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext. Use a USB keyboard/mouse for the install.

I tried removing both of those as you suggested with still the same issue. I may just try poping out the mSATA drive and hooking it up to my other mac to move the file. I didn't really want to have to do it but it may be my only option at this point. My main concern is that it will behave this way when I get booted off of the internal drive and I wont be able to create a username easily to be able to use MulitBeast to get other drivers installed.

Can you think of any other suggestions?

I tried removing both of those as you suggested with still the same issue. I may just try poping out the mSATA drive and hooking it up to my other mac to move the file. I didn't really want to have to do it but it may be my only option at this point. My main concern is that it will behave this way when I get booted off of the internal drive and I wont be able to create a username easily to be able to use MulitBeast to get other drivers installed.

Can you think of any other suggestions?

Kind of seems like something affecting the timer used for the input/HID system. The system does its own detection of repeat keys (as opposed to using the built-in repeat of most USB/PS2 hardware) and it needs a timer to do that. Something about the timer is not working or expiring too fast, so it sees keys as being "held down" longer than reality.

Probably the same thing will happen, and you'll eventually have to find a solution to it. It will probably affect a lot more than the input system (just a guess...)

Kind of seems like something affecting the timer used for the input/HID system. The system does its own detection of repeat keys (as opposed to using the built-in repeat of most USB/PS2 hardware) and it needs a timer to do that. Something about the timer is not working or expiring too fast, so it sees keys as being "held down" longer than reality.

Probably the same thing will happen, and you'll eventually have to find a solution to it. It will probably affect a lot more than the input system (just a guess...)

Thats what I was thinking. When booting I get to the Apple logo and instead of the normal spinning wheen it spins really fast and then when it gets to the installer the window with all of the languages that fly by fly by really fast. In the installer the blue status bar pulses extremely fast as well.

It seems like something is completely accelerated in the system... Now to do some searching and try to find out what it is...

I did some searching and cannot seem to find anything to point me in the right direction. I did try the mach_kernal that does not contain the power management patches and that had the same results. Looks like i will be putting this project aside for a bit.

I did some searching and cannot seem to find anything to point me in the right direction. I did try the mach_kernal that does not contain the power management patches and that had the same results. Looks like i will be putting this project aside for a bit.

Yeah, it is not a power management issue. It is something else having to do with perhaps HPET (just a guess).

Is there any additional information I can provide about the computer that may help us find a solution (part specs)?

If so how do I get it?

Is there any additional information I can provide about the computer that may help us find a solution (part specs)?

If so how do I get it?

I've never run into that issue. Not here on the forums, and not with my own computers.

type just dart=0
i have xps12 9q23
all work i change wifi card
the touch screen work like charm to. whit driver touch base.com

When you say you have all working? I have the 9q23 as well, but I could never find a kext that would work for the trackpad. The trackpad acts as a mouse, and im just dying for tap to click or gestures on the trackpad, were you able to get this working? any info would be greatly appreciated.

the problem comes from the system timer. the clock is about 20x faster than normal.
1min normal takes only 3sec on my Sony Pro ( Haswell )
you can make your keyboard useable if you set the repeat rate in keyboard system settings to off.
Is there a way to slow down the HPET ? i think this is where all problems come from.

the problem comes from the system timer. the clock is about 20x faster than normal.
1min normal takes only 3sec on my Sony Pro ( Haswell )
you can make your keyboard useable if you set the repeat rate in keyboard system settings to off.
Is there a way to slow down the HPET ? i think this is where all problems come from.

Well, since it is happening to your Sony as well it may be something that will start popping up more and more with the new Haswell chipset in laptops. Hopefully this means someone will find a fix or solution to it soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back