1. iOS
CustoMac Mini Install Guide
GA-H55N-USB3 + GT 240

silverstone-itx-case.jpg

Building a CustoMac: CustoMac Mini
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/12/ ... -mini.html

What is needed:
* iBoot
* OS X 10.6 or 10.6.3 Retail DVD (sometimes known as Snow Leopard Upgrade DVD but it's the same things)
* MultiBeast 3.1.0 or later
* Mac OS X v10.6.8 Combo Update
* Relevant DSDT for the BIOS revision
* Lnx2Mac's Realtek 81XX Installer

Then
* Burn the iBoot ISO to CD
* Copy your DSDT file, the OSX Combo Update, MultiBeast and Lnx2Mac's Installer to a FAT/FAT32/HFS USB key,

If you are doing a fresh install
1.) Boot using iBoot
2.) Install OS X
3.) Reboot using iBoot
4.) Remove iBoot disc.
5.) Copy your downloaded DSDT file to your desktop (no need to rename it anymore!)
6.) Launch MultiBeast but don't let the installer run
7.) Launch and install Mac OS X v10.6.8 Update (Combo), but don't click restart when it completes
8.) Run MultiBeast with the following options:

cmm-mb.png

--> UserDSDT (Note 1)
--> System Utilities -> SELECT ALL
--> Drivers & Bootloaders -> Kexts & Enablers -> Audio -> Realtek ALC8XX -> ALC8XXHDA
--> Drivers & Bootloaders -> Kexts & Enablers -> Audio -> Realtek ALC8XX -> AppleHDA Rollback
--> Drivers & Bootloaders -> Kexts & Enablers -> Disk -> JMicron36x (aka GSATA) -> JMicron36xeSATA or JMicron36xSATA depending on wether you want internal or external GSATA ports
--> Drivers & Bootloaders -> Kexts & Enablers -> Miscellaneous -> FakeSMC Plugins
--> Drivers & Bootloaders -> Kexts & Enablers -> Miscellaneous -> USB 3.0 - NEC/Renesas
--> OSx86 Software -> Up to you what you want - I pick it all but no need
9.) Close MultiBeast
10.) Run Lnx2Mac's RTL81XX Installer and close when finished
11.) Click restart on your Mac OS X v10.6.6 Update
12.) Watch the reboot and cross your fingers!
13.) Once in OSX have a little play around and check that your sound and ethernet work. Also check that you can now get full resolution on your monitor.
14.) Once you are happy with all that then it's time to check 64 bit OSX. Re-run MultiBeast and only select:
--> Customization -> Boot Options -> 64-bit Apple Boot Screen
15.) Reboot

Note 1 - By selecting UserDSDT MultiBeast does some magic and automatically selects:
--> Drivers & Bootloaders -> Kexts & Enablers -> Miscellaneous -> FakeSMC
--> Customization -> Boot Options -> 32-bit Apple Boot Screen (GraphicsEnabler=Yes)
--> Customization -> System Definitions -> Mac Pro -> MacPro 3,1
--> Customization -> Themes -> tonymacx86 Remixed :thumbup:

Based on MacMan & Notshy's excellent guides. More info soon. This should get 100% system functionality.

HDMI Audio for GT 240
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/10/ ... tions.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't get networking working no matter what I did - it would say "connected" when you went to the setting in network but it would always have a private ip and disconnecting the cable would not update the status of the ethernet to "disconnnected". There were no flashing lights in the back of the computer where the network cable was. It was very odd. I'm using the latest Lnx2Mac realtek driver and installing it did not enable networking as it should have.

This might help others but I found an interesting tip on a different post - if you enter the SmartLAN menu in the BIOS of this motherboard, it will enable networking when you boot into the OS - seems to be an issue with Gigabyte motherboards.

Weird.

Anyone else run into this?

Works great for me. No Problem with the Network

What I mis is that if the MAC goes sleep, I can't wake him up.

anyone have this problem ?

thanks Mike

Hmmmmm, tempted to get working on this now but put off slightly by the above 2 comments.

Also, any suggestions for bluetooth dongle (preferably to wake from sleep) and wifi card?
Am UK based so getting hold of some parts is tricky compared to over in the states.

Hi Tonymac, thank you so much for the guides.

I had just install a hackintosh on my PC (before going for 64 bit). I found out that by changing screen resolution (the resolution stuck at 800x600), my tv will show a BLUE SCREEN. Any idea how to solve that? thanks in advance.

I am using VGA cable (connect from my pc to full HD tv) for this.

noob88 said:
Hi Tonymac, thank you so much for the guides.

I had just install a hackintosh on my PC (before going for 64 bit). I found out that by changing screen resolution (the resolution stuck at 800x600), my tv will show a BLUE SCREEN. Any idea how to solve that? thanks in advance.

I am using VGA cable (connect from my pc to full HD tv) for this.

Make sure you're using the DSDT for this board- with 10.6.6 and the UserDSDT method. If you don't have a DSDT, the PCIRoot UID fix is necessary for full resolution. I do use the HDMI though- not the VGA cable.

tonymacx86 said:
Make sure you're using the DSDT for this board- with 10.6.6 and the UserDSDT method. If you don't have a DSDT, the PCIRoot UID fix is necessary for full resolution. I do use the HDMI though- not the VGA cable.

Hi Tony, thank you for your reply.
I was pretty sure that i was using DSDT for this board, did a 10.6.6 update followed by multibeast installation with userDSDT checked.

I think this might be the cause... i manually renamed the file into DSDT.aml from my desktop before executing multibeast (yr guide says that "do not need to rename the file"). I will try to reinstall it & post the result back again.

Update-12,Feb:
------------------------------
I did a reinstall again & i am still having the same "Blue screen" when i tried to change the resolution. However, i managed to change it this time by pressing the power 'off' button (seems like it went into sleep) right away after i had set the resolution followed by pressing back the same power 'on' button (system wake up) again to have the change took effect on it.

This is weird, any reason on this system behavior?
I check my boot.plist file :
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=i386</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>

there are some missing keys like
<key>DSDT</key>
<key>PCIRoot</key>
<key>SMBIOS</key>

I download the DSDT again & rerun multibeast with USERDSDT. It still look the same.
Starting to think that vga port (GT240) may not work properly for mac, i might want to try out the DVI output port (borrow a DVI to VGA converter from a friend) later.

Update 2-13,Feb:
Tried the DVI port & no issue with changing resolution :headbang:
To all the noobs here.... please take note.

Thanks again to tonymac for the wonderful guides.

Hi tony & all,

I find that there was no sound from my 5.1 speakers (logitech Z506). Any idea? Thanks.

I came across the below link:
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/12/ ... audio.html
It states that:
Realtek ALC892 support:
OUTPUTS: Analog Front Headphone/Green Line-out, Digital SPDIF-OUT
INPUTS: Analog Pink Microphone, Blue Line-in, Digital SPDIF-IN

Does this mean the Yellow/Black & Grey ports (output) aren't working?

tonymacx86 said:
CustoMac Mini Install Guide
GA-H55N-USB3 + GT 240

I am just thru with this guide with a Dual-DVI Gigabyte 8800GT Turbo, and i confirm that everything works just fine as a start... sleeps proper and wakes on a mouseclick also... :headbang:

I'll test the fancy things tomorrow (S-Video out, eSATA, optical out) if I can find the right equipment. :)

mega-thanks for sharing the options, Tony and MacMan! :thumbup:

PS: if anyone had a fan-manipulation software that runs for us outlaws, please share
]

Hi Tony, thank you very much for the CustoMac Mini guide. I'd like to build one according to your specs but I can't source the Zotac ZT-20404-20L video card. Are there any alternatives that you could recommend ... presumably of the GT240 variety? I'm from Canada so I can't buy the one from Amazon.com :(

Would the Palit NE5T2400FHD51 GeForce GT 240 512MB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card be acceptable?
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814261060&cm_re=palit_gt240-_-14-261-060-_-Product

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back