Contribute
Register

Complx Design and Game Station: Asus Sabertooth Z77 - Core i7 2600K - 16 GB RAM - Dual EVGA GTX 660T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful build complx, love the individually sleeved cables.

Question though, why did you go 660Ti's when the 5xx cards are much better at CUDA processing and therefore better for your design work on Adobe?

True, but as an avid gamer, I went with the 660tis since the 600 series cards are the latest thing on the market and I always like to push the envelope. Most adobe work is very basic so im not doing huge CUDA work.

It's pointless to use 2 GPUs. Adobe is not able to use more than 1. The only software able to use multiple GPUs is DaVinci Resolve. That's why I think I will go for one 680 instead of two 660Ti...

I looked at it more from a price point, since I game 2 660TIs out performed a 680 by a long shot for roughly the same price. Price/performace wise, it was a better deal in my book.

Complx,

Awesome build! I love the case and the wiring, along with the SLI config. Do you game in windows? or just for the extra Cuda cores? Your not the same Complx from HomeMadeTurbo are you? I love the work station you have going.

Quick question for you though on your monitor setup: are you connecting only 2 monitors to each card or are you connecting all 4 to a primary card and then using the extra GPU to accelerate? I'm planning something similar for my OSx vid/pic workstation but plan on adding another 660ti in SLI for gaming in windows with a 3 monitor surround.

Overall, really nice setup and love the new Wallpaper you have made available to us.

Thanks! Glad you like the build, I have put a lot of love into it. I do game on windows which is why I got 2 660TIs and not 680s and I am not the same complx from HomeMadeTurbo.

Im running 3 on the 1st card and one on the 2nd card, this allows me to run Nividia surround on windows and play games at 5760x1080 res...which is AWESOME.

Hi Complx, what is the base version of the BIOS you used, I am building a new box with the same MB and CPU but keep getting stuck at either "you need to hold the power down button" screen or the "waiting for root device"

Thanks

Does sleep and HD4000 works?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back