Contribute
Register

Clover boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got sleep working fine here with my Acer... finally. Using revision 2243. Seems I have everything working now, of course with the exception of my switchable graphics card.

Same here, have everything working on 10.8.4.
I'm not convinced that there's no way for switchable graphics to work, hope clover will have a way to deal with this in the future.

Same here, have everything working on 10.8.4.
I'm not convinced that there's no way for switchable graphics to work, hope clover will have a way to deal with this in the future.

Assuming there are methods in DSDT/SSDT to switch the graphics output device, in theory it could be done in DSDT. But only if those methods actually accomplish the switch with no driver support. Of course, if you were able to accomplish that, your device would run on discrete graphics at all times, making an absolute mockery of your 6-cell battery.

Unless someone figures out which drivers in OS X are responsible for "switching" automatically between graphics chips and finds a way to replace them, I don't think you'll ever see automatic switching like MacBookPro's have. These interfaces and mechanisms within OS X, are, of course, undocumented.

You mean drivers not kexts? :p

I got sleep working fine here with my Acer... finally. Using revision 2243. Seems I have everything working now, of course with the exception of my switchable graphics card.

It's drivers, my bad:D

Btw, can you share your configuration (drivers, configs related to sleep/shutdown)
EDIT: Looks like sleep has been fixed on HP 8470p (and 6x70b maybe). Use emuvariable and no fix in Clover config.

What about having both sleep *and* restart/shutdown working properly?
With today's Maverick release I'm looking forward to set up a proper UEFI boot with Mavericks (with recovery partition) installation.

What about having both sleep *and* restart/shutdown working properly?
With today's Maverick release I'm looking forward to set up a proper UEFI boot with Mavericks (with recovery partition) installation.

Sorry but I don't have my HP 8460p anymore(same BIOS with your 4530s), so I can't test sleep with current config. I will give you the full installation guide for Mavericks tomorrow.

It's drivers, my bad:D

Btw, can you share your configuration (drivers, configs related to sleep/shutdown)
EDIT: Looks like sleep has been fixed on HP 8470p (and 6x70b maybe). Use emuvariable and no fix in Clover config.
Sorry but I don't have my HP 8460p anymore(same BIOS with your 4530s), so I can't test sleep with current config. I will give you the full installation guide for Mavericks tomorrow.

Like you I will give a full installation guide with my setup for Mavericks tomorrow ;)

First looks, you should have posted in the 'Mavericks' section lol... ask RehabMan to move it for you :)

Thank you :) Didn't know there was that section :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back