Contribute
Register

Clover boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like something wrong with your kernel cache:
Code:
2013-09-02 07:32:03 -0600 kernel[0]: Refusing new kext com.jmicron.JMicronATA, v1.0.2: already have prelinked v1.1.6.
2013-09-02 07:33:49 -0600 kernel[0]: Notice - new kext net.osx86.kexts.GenericUSBXHCI, v1.2.4 matches prelinked kext but can't determine if executables are the same (no UUIDs).
Have you rebuilt kernel cache?

Try looking at the kexts you're loading with:

Code:
# in Terminal
bdmesg >~/Desktop/bdmesg.txt

Then open bdmesg.txt that is on the desktop.

I'm also playing with my 8460p, but stuck at config.plist and kext for a long time, can you share your config and kext? Thanks!
BTW, below is my basic info about hack mac:
1. Clover 1928 on GPT disk, EFI boot from U disk;
2. Mountain lion 10.8.4 official;

Use the wiki to generate your config.plist.
http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Home

Note: This is now updated for the 2000+ revisions, with a different structure.

I'm also playing with my 8460p, but stuck at config.plist and kext for a long time, can you share your config and kext? Thanks!
BTW, below is my basic info about hack mac:
1. Clover 1928 on GPT disk, EFI boot from U disk;
2. Mountain lion 10.8.4 official;

You can use the kexts here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/101101-hp-probook-6460b.html
Patch your DSDT with RehabMan Patches:
https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch
Install the latest version of Clover r2000+ and use the config file in attachment.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 144
Does anyone know how to make a bootable Mountain Lion installer USB to work with Clover Legacy/Clover UEFI? I tried install Clover Legacy to usb, boot from it but it stucks at blackscreen after boot7 message. I tried resotre InstallESD.dmg to USB then boot from Clover UEFI, but after I choosing usb in clover gui, it stucks at root device uuid is....

Try looking at the kexts you're loading with:

Code:
# in Terminal
bdmesg >~/Desktop/bdmesg.txt

Then open bdmesg.txt that is on the desktop.

i fixed the issue with kextcache. looks like it was due to the modifications i had been making to the wireless kext trying to get various cards to work before i defeated the whitelist. Here is the output from that command.

Attachments

• bdmesg.txt
    16.5 KB · Views: 356
i fixed the issue with kextcache. looks like it was due to the modifications i had been making to the wireless kext trying to get various cards to work before i defeated the whitelist. Here is the output from that command.

Do you have dual boot windows and bios warning at startup ? I think that with dsdt patches, the cards only works on OS X.

EDIT: Just notice that you don't have windows partition. And you should remove unused kext patches/dsdt patches in Clover config. Btw, how do you create your clover boot installer usb?

EDIT: Try reinstalling the latest version for 10.8.5 here: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Generic-USB3

so i ended up having disk corruption on my disk for some reason (not sure if it was bad sectors or something else - was getting i/o errors) so i created a new partition and did a fresh install of ML. I now have everything working great but for reliability I have actually switched back to using chimera. Here are the issues that i had with clover:

1) the DSDT whitelist hack will not work. It seems that clover is overwriting some of the DSDT or something. not really sure. I can boot with clover but wireless will only work if i boot from chimera (exact same DSDT)

2) sleep. Sleep was intermittent with clover. For a while it seemed like it worked but over time i found that a majority of the time it would not wake properly and instantly reboot. Sleep works perfectly with chimera.

Not sure why i cant get USB 3.0 to work at all.

Does anyone know how to make a bootable Mountain Lion installer USB to work with Clover Legacy/Clover UEFI? I tried install Clover Legacy to usb, boot from it but it stucks at blackscreen after boot7 message. I tried resotre InstallESD.dmg to USB then boot from Clover UEFI, but after I choosing usb in clover gui, it stucks at root device uuid is....
You are going about it the right way. If you have Clover installed on your HDD, you can just boot up OS X and run disk utility to restore the ML.dmg to the USB. After that you should be able to boot into the installer. If you cannot boot then make sure you have FakeSMC.kext (mandatory) & VoodooPS2Controller.kext (for trackpad) inside of both /CLOVER/kexts/10.8 and /CLOVER/kexts/Other. If that does not work, then make sure you have the right .efi drivers required for your system.

so i ended up having disk corruption on my disk for some reason (not sure if it was bad sectors or something else - was getting i/o errors) so i created a new partition and did a fresh install of ML. I now have everything working great but for reliability I have actually switched back to using chimera. Here are the issues that i had with clover:

1) the DSDT whitelist hack will not work. It seems that clover is overwriting some of the DSDT or something. not really sure. I can boot with clover but wireless will only work if i boot from chimera (exact same DSDT)

2) sleep. Sleep was intermittent with clover. For a while it seemed like it worked but over time i found that a majority of the time it would not wake properly and instantly reboot. Sleep works perfectly with chimera.

Not sure why i cant get USB 3.0 to work at all.

Not sure what the whitelist hack was/is, but you should make sure your DSDT is inside of /CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ along with SSDT, and then have the following in your config.plist:
For prior rev. 2000
Code:
	<key>ACPI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>DsdtName</key>
		<string>DSDT.aml</string>
	</dict>
For rev. 2000+
Code:
	<key>ACPI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>DSDT</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Name</key>
			<string>DSDT.aml</string>
		</dict>
	</dict>

With sleep there is still problems that do need to be fixed, but to be honest for me, I would rather not use sleep and have the ability to use Clover. Of course you do have the option of using legacy Clover (working the same way as Chimera or Chameleon), which does support sleep.

You are going about it the right way. If you have Clover installed on your HDD, you can just boot up OS X and run disk utility to restore the ML.dmg to the USB. After that you should be able to boot into the installer. If you cannot boot then make sure you have FakeSMC.kext (mandatory) & VoodooPS2Controller.kext (for trackpad) inside of both /CLOVER/kexts/10.8 and /CLOVER/kexts/Other. If that does not work, then make sure you have the right .efi drivers required for your system.
Thank you, it turns out that the default VboxHFS.efi won't work with our system, it can boot OS X, OS X recovery but can't boot OS X install USB. I replaced the file and everything works so far, now looking forward to 10.9
With sleep there is still problems that do need to be fixed, but to be honest for me, I would rather not use sleep and have the ability to use Clover. Of course you do have the option of using legacy Clover (working the same way as Chimera or Chameleon), which does support sleep.

Legacy Clover stucks at black screen right at boot0: done 7 to me, it works on another laptop though. Yeah, I can ignore the sleep problem, it works perfectly on 10.8.4, but breaks again at 10.8.5. I enjoy the pure GPT partition, the customm entry in Clover 2000+ and the ability to have a OS X Recovery partition, very much like a real mac now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back