Contribute
Register

Clover boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Clover 1974 fixes the sleep/wake issues for me. I even tried AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement and AppleRTC fixes in Clover config, install vanilla kexts and no problems so far.

Looks like we can try to move from Chameleon to Clover UEFI :thumbup:

Looks like Clover 1974 fixes the sleep/wake issues for me. I even tried AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement and AppleRTC fixes in Clover config, install vanilla kexts and no problems so far.

Looks like we can try to move from Chameleon to Clover UEFI :thumbup:

Really interesting. So at this point, no more disadvantages at all, right?

Thanks!

Really interesting. So at this point, no more disadvantages at all, right?

Thanks!

Looks like all my problems since I started using Clover have been solved (or maybe I haven't noticed it yet). You should try it :thumbup:

nguyenmac, is Clover then a good alternative for Chameleon/Chimera on our notebooks? Have you thought about writing a tutorial on how to set up a working Clover and OSX installation? I think that would be quite handy for some folks here. I'm very interested in moving to UEFI (also, does Clover boot Linux kernels?).
I see you have an Elitebook, would the whole procedure of setting up Clover differ from doing so on Probooks?

I have been using Clover for several months now and have seen it evolve significantly. In terms of EFI boot, similar to Chameleon, Clover is much better in my opinion. More things work seamlessly, especially with a properly patched DSDT.

UEFI boot has also changed a lot over the course of the last few months, but it tends to have more issues on certain configurations. Some issues have been solved, but others still remain. Issues such as sleep, restart, incorrect CPU/RAM frequency detection, among other issues, still remain for certain users and not for others. The use of certain drivers also causes issues as well. I'd recommend CloverEFI over UEFI, but for both, it's best to test using a USB before doing a full install.

Linux distributions, Windows, etc. work fine.

i just wanted to say that thanks to the posts by nguyenmac in this forum and due to switching to clover/EFI boot my 8460p hackintosh is now working perfectly.

except for one thing that is: I cannot for the life of me get usb 3.0 working. I tried several kexts i found here and none of them seem to work. To make matters worse (as stated above) when they are installed sleep is broken.

except for one thing that is: I cannot for the life of me get usb 3.0 working. I tried several kexts i found here and none of them seem to work. To make matters worse (as stated above) when they are installed sleep is broken.

I'm using this and it works perfectly. I do not have any problems with sleep since the latest version.
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Generic-USB3

i have that one installed and i still have no usb 3. I did roll back to the iousbfamily v 5.1.6 that i had been using and with this combo sleep works fine. Unfortunately with the v 5.4 of iousbfamily from this post:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/91532-usb-3-0-probook-4x30s.html

sleep breaks. And no matter what I do usb 3 seems to not work. Do you know if you are using modified or stock iousbfamily and what version?

i can say that none of this worked nearly as well as it does on clover when i was using chimera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back