Contribute
Register

Clover boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am attempting to use Clover on a USB stick. It boots fine (Seems faster to get to desktop then chimera) but shortly after desktop loads it reboots.
I have my dsts installed in the patched folder. It is a gigabyte p55 USB3 MB.

Also my onboard sound is not working. I am using the AppleHDA rollback and booting chimera audio works.

Where should I look to see why the system is restarting?

You should probably post your question in the desktop Lion or ML section. This forum is for HP Probook laptops specifically..

Sorry I just did a search for clover and this thread poped up.

Has anyone tried using Clover to install 10.8.2 form a "Install ESD" partition on HP Probook? I'm not talking about opening the "Install OS X Mountain Lion.app" in a wokring Mac OS X. I want to use clover to boot the "Install ESD" partition and perform the installation.

On my Probook 6470b, I can boot the "Base System" partiton by deleting all the Bluetooth and Intel graphics related kexts. But I can't boot the "Install ESD" partition, it doesn't give out any error message before stucking at "Still waiting for root device" at the very beginning phase

I'm confused on 2 points
1."Base system" and "Install ESD" partition are on the same HD which has been enabled with AHCI
2.Even if I don't modify the content in "Base System" partition, it doesn't stuck at "Still waiting for root device" , instead, the stuck point was "DSMOS has arrived".

How can this happen and how to solve it? I think the reason is it can't find the boot device as in "Base System" ( which I've marked with red underline)

Basesystem.jpgInstallESD.JPG

Has anyone tried using Clover to install 10.8.2 form a "Install ESD" partition on HP Probook? I'm not talking about opening the "Install OS X Mountain Lion.app" in a wokring Mac OS X. I want to use clover to boot the "Install ESD" partition and perform the installation.

On my Probook 6470b, I can boot the "Base System" partiton by deleting all the Bluetooth and Intel graphics related kexts. But I can't boot the "Install ESD" partition, it doesn't give out any error message before stucking at "Still waiting for root device" at the very beginning phase

I'm confused on 2 points
1."Base system" and "Install ESD" partition are on the same HD which has been enabled with AHCI
2.Even if I don't modify the content in "Base System" partition, it doesn't stuck at "Still waiting for root device" , instead, the stuck point was "DSMOS has arrived".

How can this happen and how to solve it? I think the reason is it can't find the boot device as in "Base System" ( which I've marked with red underline)

View attachment 44301View attachment 44302

i had that experience, as well. since i had successfully used that method on a desktop hack, i took the HD out of my probook and finished the install on the desktop hack, then put it back in the probook.

i had that experience, as well. since i had successfully used that method on a desktop hack, i took the HD out of my probook and finished the install on the desktop hack, then put it back in the probook.

Thanks for your trick, but I do want to know how to make it a little bit more "perfect"

Thanks for your trick, but I do want to know how to make it a little bit more "perfect"

it doesn't matter which hackintosh you use to "build" your new HD installation.

you make the installation "perfect" for the probook by running the probook installer.

using another hack, use your usb stick and take out the hack's HD and plug in your probook HD. when the installer boots, reformat your HD as normal, then run the installer.

it will reboot after a couple of minutes. you will once again get the clover screen, but this time choose to boot from your HD rather than your usb stick.

then the install will complete.

then shut down, move the HD and your usb stick to your probook. then boot again into your HD installation, using the usb stick as a boot helper. download and run the latest probook installer.

then run the clover installer and install to your HD. move your probook dsdt to EFI/ACPI/patched folder. (the clover installer creates the EFI folder at the root of your HD).

shut down, remove the usb stick, and reboot. you should be good to go.

i did this exact process the other day.

...you make the installation "perfect" for the probook by running the probook installer.

using another hack, use your usb stick and take out the hack's HD and plug in your probook HD. when the installer boots, reformat your HD as normal, then run the installer....

Thanks, but does your method create the RecoveryHD partition automatically?

yes it does.

Thanks, that's really a good idea, unfortunatelly, I havn't found a PC/Laptop that can boot the "Install ESD". I'll keey trying.

i had the same KP when i tried to boot from a clover USB stick (i didn't want to install clover to my HD until i knew it would work).

did you try reverting to the non-patched-for-mountain lion version of applecpupowermanagement.kext before you removed it altogether? not sure it would make any difference.

i assume sooner or later the chimera team will come up with a solution so we don't need to switch to clover.
Same here, I installed the ISO to an USB stick and plugged it in my 4530s. It didn't do anything. However, when I tried booting as normal (with Chimera) and it just reboots.
I booted with my Uniboost USB and I received the message about applecpupowermanagement.kext (I thought it's real name is appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext). I reinstalled everything using the probook installer following Rehabman's guide, but I cannot get Chimera to boot OSX and when I run the USB I still get the error about applecpupowermanagement.

Then I did what faithie999 wrote:
then shut down, move the HD and your usb stick to your probook. then boot again into your HD installation, using the usb stick as a boot helper. download and run the latest probook installer.

then run the clover installer and install to your HD. move your probook dsdt to EFI/ACPI/patched folder. (the clover installer creates the EFI folder at the root of your HD).

shut down, remove the usb stick, and reboot. you should be good to go.

i did this exact process the other day.
Clover boots OS X properly. First I did get a glitch but the second boot was fine. It does seem to boot slower though. I still have to figure out how to get rid of the verbose mode.
Are there any particular settings we have to make for the 4530s -other than the DSDT- when using Clover?

Anyway, it seems that the Clover-USB-trial messes things up.

Thx,
Big

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back