Graphics
radeon hd 4850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So here is my situation, I am building low cost hackintosh for someone else, decided to go with i3-3225 for hd4000 without dedicated video card. I know customac guide recommends b75m-d3p which is $95.
I see there are 2 other gigabyte b75 boards on newegg for a little less. I see there are some issues stated in "moarfish's build" thread with the d3h, but I don't have a good handle on those issues as a whole, whether they are easy to overcome or not.
I just wanted to get an idea from you more experienced hackintoshers what is the cheapest board you would recommend with the least hassle for me. I just want to install once, update to latest lion and not have to deal anymore with it. I am not familiar at all with other brand boards and how easy they are to work with. I assume from the customac guide that gigabytes have the highest innate compatibility, but of course maybe way off base on that.

I built a hackintosh once for my dad, had to fiddle around with it at first, got everything working and basically instructed him never to update it. He still uses snow leopard hehe. I might try an upgrade if I decide to get him an ssd so I can clean install. I really don't have much time on my hands to be spending more than 1 day on this project.... Have 2 kids and full time job and barely a social life as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back