Contribute
Register

chad78's Build: Asus P8Z77-V LK - Core i5 3570k

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just recently updated my BIOS to 0904 and now sleep is working 100% without any other modifications. I can't believe a BIOS update would fix this by itself but its all I had to do. No moded BIOS needed!

you using a patched aicpupm kext?

you using a patched aicpupm kext?

Yes, I am using aicpupm kext. That was the first time I saw AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement abbreviate
so I was clueless. I'm using the 10.7.4 version though because the 10.8 version gives me a kernel panic.

thanks chad78 for sharing your expirience

i am interested in buying the same motherboard. can you tell me why you chose "3rdParty SATA Driver" in Multibeast?

thanks
best regards

thanks chad78 for sharing your expirience

i am interested in buying the same motherboard. can you tell me why you chose "3rdParty SATA Driver" in Multibeast?

thanks
best regards

As far as I know it fixes internal hard drives from appearing as external orange icons in Finder and Disk Utility. It also makes sure all hard drives have the correct information in "about this Mac/More info" I'm not entirely sure It's even needed but I will test it without one of these days and give my findings.

Many thanks. I also have a similar computer; P8Z77-V LK + i5 3570K (HD 4000) + DDR3-1600 8GB + OS X 10.8.2. I did;

• With original AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext : kernel panic(kp)
  • Upgraded the BIOS to 0904 version : kp
  • With patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext : kp
  • Changed BIOS settings : still kp.
  • Installed NullCPUPowerManagement.kext : OK, but no sleep.
  • Installed AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext again : kp again.
  • Changed the system definition to "MacBook Pro 9,2" with Chameleon Wizard : not tested.
  • Installed "FakeSMC Plugins" in multibeast : OK, and sleep works !!!

I'm not sure if it was the FakeSMC plugins or MacBook Pro 9.2 definition, but it works now. :lol:

PS: BIOS Settings now,
- Primary Display = iGPU, iGPU Memory = 96MB (Graphics Mode = 1920x1080x32 in multibeast).
- USB Configuration; xHCI = Auto, EHCI handoff = Enable
- CPU Power Management; Ratio = Auto, Others All = Enable
- Serial Port = Disable

Installed Kexts are,
- FakeSMC, FakeSMC Plugins
- Realtek AL892 without DSDT
- Lnx2Mac's Realtek81xx
- AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (original??? or patched???).
- NullCPUPowerManagement : deleted.

Many thanks. I also have a similar computer; P8Z77-V LK + i5 3570K (HD 4000) + DDR3-1600 8GB + OS X 10.8.2. I did;

• With original AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext : kernel panic(kp)
  • Upgraded the BIOS to 0904 version : kp
  • With patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext : kp
  • Changed BIOS settings : still kp.
  • Installed NullCPUPowerManagement.kext : OK, but no sleep.
  • Installed AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext again : kp again.
  • Changed the system definition to "MacBook Pro 9,2" with Chameleon Wizard : not tested.
  • Installed "FakeSMC Plugins" in multibeast : OK, and sleep works !!!

I'm not sure if it was the FakeSMC plugins or MacBook Pro 9.2 definition, but it works now. :lol:

PS: BIOS Settings now,
- Primary Display = iGPU, iGPU Memory = 96MB (Graphics Mode = 1920x1080x32 in multibeast).
- USB Configuration; xHCI = Auto, EHCI handoff = Enable
- CPU Power Management; Ratio = Auto, Others All = Enable
- Serial Port = Disable

Installed Kexts are,
- FakeSMC, FakeSMC Plugins
- Realtek AL892 without DSDT
- Lnx2Mac's Realtek81xx
- AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (original??? or patched???).
- NullCPUPowerManagement : deleted.

I'm just using the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement 10.7.4 from MultiBeast Lion. Like you already said, the 10.8 one causes kp.
As for my BIOS I didn't change anything around except for setting my iGPU, iGPU Memory to 192MB. I don't know if setting it
to 192makes any difference or not? Have you been able to get USB 3.0 working yet? Its the only thing that Isn't working and
the kext CalDigitUSBxHCI gives me a kernal panic.

I'm just using the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement 10.7.4 from MultiBeast Lion. Like you already said, the 10.8 one causes kp.
As for my BIOS I didn't change anything around except for setting my iGPU, iGPU Memory to 192MB. I don't know if setting it
to 192makes any difference or not? Have you been able to get USB 3.0 working yet? Its the only thing that Isn't working and
the kext CalDigitUSBxHCI gives me a kernal panic.

I don't have any USB 3.0 devices yet. lol... Ethernet(Realtek 8111F) works well but has an issue. I have to reboot the computer to get DHCP to work again once the network cable unplugged and replugged. :banghead:

The cause of the kernel panic was the system definition.

• No patched BIOS is needed.
  • No patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext is needed.
  • MacPro3,1 or MacPro5,1 may cause kernel panic. I don't know why...
  • Macmini5,3 works very well.
  • iMac13,1 works except for speed step.
I modified /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist

• DropSSDT = Yes
  • GenerateCState = Yes
  • GeneratePState = No
and installed a SSDT.aml in multibeast 5.1.3. (i.e., SSDT for i5/i7 overclocking) and set the turbo boost multiplier to 42 in BIOS. I get p-states 16, 23, 31, 38, 40, 42 now.

Hi mate,

saw your hackintosh build. I'm buying a new motherboard to build a dedicated hackintosh machine. I've seen the Asus P8z77-v lx for a good price.

If I understand your post is this correct? :

If I:
1. Update my bios to version 0904
2. Install ML using unibeast and multibeast method.
3. Make the selections you state in multibeast

Will everything on the board work correctly including sleep? Is there anything else I need to do to get it all working?

I understand that usb3 won't work though.

If I need to patch DSDT install, edit kext files etc. then I will go for a mobo that is more compatible.

cheers mate

The cause of the kernel panic was the system definition.

• No patched BIOS is needed.
  • No patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext is needed.
  • MacPro3,1 or MacPro5,1 may cause kernel panic. I don't know why...
  • Macmini5,3 works very well.
  • iMac13,1 works except for speed step.
I modified /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist

• DropSSDT = Yes
  • GenerateCState = Yes
  • GeneratePState = No
and installed a SSDT.aml in multibeast 5.1.3. (i.e., SSDT for i5/i7 overclocking) and set the turbo boost multiplier to 42 in BIOS. I get p-states 16, 23, 31, 38, 40, 42 now.

did you select the appleintelcpupowermanagement kext option in multibeast?

you say you arent using patched appleintelcpu kext, and you arent using patched bios, and you say you arent using nullcpu.

if you genuinely arent using any of the above, then your board is the only one of its kind (which i doubt)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back