Contribute
Register

chad78's Build: Asus P8Z77-V LK - Core i5 3570k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you post your BIOS settings?
I wonder if there's enough difference between the LK and the LX to prevent me from doing my install.

I have a P8Z77-V LX and can't get my installer to go past the apple logo when installing or running LION.

I took the hard drive to another machine and installed onto it thinking I could transplant it back but it didn't help.
When I put the installed OS drive in the machine I see it with RBOOT 1.2.0 and it starts, but freezes at the apple.

The only changes I had to make within the BIOS was with my graphics memory, but that had nothing to do with the
installation of Mountain Lion.
The only other setting you might want to check would be that your SATA settings in the BIOS is set to AHCI.

you will never get sleep working natively (without sleepenabler, you dont want that though) using nullcpu.
select the patched appleintelcpupowermanagement kext for 10.8 in multibeast, and delete the nullcpupowermanangement kext from /S/L/E

then restart and test sleep.
if it doesnt work, go into the bios, and set Cstate report to enabled (might be a few mentions of cstate, enable all of them) and set internal pll overvoltage to disabled.

you will never get sleep working natively (without sleepenabler, you dont want that though) using nullcpu.
select the patched appleintelcpupowermanagement kext for 10.8 in multibeast, and delete the nullcpupowermanangement kext from /S/L/E

then restart and test sleep.
if it doesnt work, go into the bios, and set Cstate report to enabled (might be a few mentions of cstate, enable all of them) and set internal pll overvoltage to disabled.

Thanks for the information but appleintelcpupowermanagement kext is giving me a kernel panic, even after deleting nullcpupowermanangement kext.
Is there anything else I can try?

according to posts by other users, the 10.8 patched appleintel kext in multibeast doesnt work.
try using this one by mieze http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...appleintelcpupowermanagement-kext-10-8-a.html
or if that doesnt work either, use the 10.7.4 patched appleintelcpu kext

I tried that one by mieze but It just did the same thing that the Universal Sleep Enabler did.
It sleeps for a few seconds, then wakes up, then it just continues doing this until I push the
reset button. I also tried setting the Cstate report to enabled and the pll overvoltage to
disabled. It didn't change a thing. I then tried the 10.7.4 patched appleintelcpu kext but no
luck with that either. I know it could be as easy as changing just one setting or using
the right kext, so its possible I could have done something wrong. I don't know what else
to try but thanks a lot for helping me with this, I really appreciate it!

I have same MB and processor.

I read that there are problems with the VGA. The question is: whether if I try to connect a monitor with HDMI is a chance that OSX will detect the card properly?

I have same MB and processor.

I read that there are problems with the VGA. The question is: whether if I try to connect a monitor with HDMI is a chance that OSX will detect the card properly?
I bought a DisplayPort to VGA adapter and it works great with graphic enabler.

Hey,

I followed this guide to install ML on my machine as I got almost virtually the same hardware, I have corsair memories and a GTX660Ti. It works great except for audio which I gave up on and got a usb soundcard and the fact that I got system lag from time to time. Usually when RAM heavy tasks are being done. I was wondering if you noticed anything like this? I am guessing it might be my videocard as I guess OS X nvidia drivers are not as developed at windows drivers are but doesn't hurt to ask right?

Any news on your build Chad? Have you tried the modded bios? Ever get sleep to work?

I just recently updated my BIOS to 0904 and now sleep is working 100% without any other modifications. I can't believe a BIOS update would fix this by itself but its all I had to do. No moded BIOS needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back