Contribute
Register

Can't enable sleep on H67M-ITX/HT even with proper DSDT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
samisnake said:
I couldn't get my system to boot with the DSDT after deleting that line.

ok, so thats the key thing to focus on then; getting the dsdt sorted so that you can boot in with it after the line has been deleted.

without it deleted, you wont be able to wake from sleep, so everything else is done in vain until that is sorted.

how did you delete it? what tool did you use? etc
can you upload a freshly patched dsdt (extracted, with the patch for your board applied as well as audio).

stock bios + speedstepper patched kext will be the same as using the modified bios essentially. both ways will allow sleep/wake. i would go with the bios route personally, but its up to you.

however, you must sort out the dsdt before exploring other avenues. it is the key to this

I did a fresh install on another drive. Now I am able to use the edited DSDT. On the new drive I was able to delta the line.

I was using the DSDT Editor that you used in your post on creating your own DSDT. I found the line in the WAK section \_SB.PCI0.SBRG.SIOW (Arg0). I would highlight and delete. I would either then compile it, or reapply the patches. Tried saving to the desktop and using MultiBeast, simply placing it in the Extra folder, or both. Either way after rebooting I would not be able to boot into the system. It would hang at the grey start up wheel/logo. I took a picture of where it would hang up, it's on the first post of this thread.

After booting into the fresh install, I used the same steps. Patched the DSDT with the H67M-ITX/HT patch, ALC892, and Shutdown patch. I then installed VoodooTSCSync.kext and rebooted. System will go to sleep, but will only wake up. Black screen.

I am uploading the DSDT from the fresh install with the line deleted. I am using the modified BIOS from your thread.

Attachments

• DSDT.AML
    27.5 KB · Views: 76
Don't know what else I should try at this point, fresh install will not sleep with all steps taken on the original install.

could you upload the patched dsdt without the line deleted.

ill try taking it out using dsdtse

Ok, here it is. Again the initial install, with that line deleted it refuses to boot. It gets stuck at the grey loading screen.

I will try to use it on the drive I installed on just for sleep testing, that seems to work fine with the line edited.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Attachments

• DSDT.AML
    27.5 KB · Views: 75
removed the line, and compared it to your one with the line removed, and it looks the same.
was done in dsdtse.

also added a _wak fix included in dsdtse which supposedly enables sleep for some boards.

interesting note (may or may not be related at all, im no expert on dsdts)- with both the dsdts you uploaded, i could not open them with dsdt editor, only dsdtse. in dsdt editor, it showed gibberish.
once opened in dsdtse, line removed and recompiled, they can now be opened in both editors

try the line removed one first. if that doesnt help, try the line removed+wakfix one.

fingers crossed

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    27.5 KB · Views: 77
  • DSDT.aml
    27.5 KB · Views: 90
Thanks a bunch. Going through some homework now but will give both of these a shot on both installs and report back.

I think where I'm running into problems at is when I reinstall the DSDT. Now if I'm trying to install a DSDT after the original installation, I just use the User DSDT method am I correct? After using the Wak DSDT you provided it got stuck with the following error message:
photo.JPG

Should I try to do a fresh install with that DSDT?

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    564.8 KB · Views: 98
can you boot in with -dsdt=null?

Danm, I already cloned the drive back. Will try again.

its no problem. either way.

if the other dsdt doesnt work either, what i would try next is doing a plain dsdt extract without patching with the files from olarilla (only the audio patch file, but for testing purposes we'll leave that out too).
so bascially do everything with dsdt editor, except adding the patches.
once the dsdt is made, go back into it and remove that line.

does that make sense? reading it back, it doesnt seem that clear even to myself, but what im trying to see is if not applying the mobo patch file for your dsdt changes things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back