Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
After installing the OS 10.6.7 combo update, I am unable to reboot without using iBoot. When I try, I get the bootloader screen, but the progress bar starts at about one third of the way in and then moves backwards to 0%. Then it just hangs on the grey Apple screen with no spinning wheel. Trying to boot from safe mode gives me a black screen with a row of blue characters that I don't think my keyboard has a key for. I installed using EasyBeast first, with these settings, but when that didn't work I tried the DSDT for the Gigabyte GA-H67A-UD3H-B3, still to no avail. Based on searching the forum, I suspect that this problem has something to do with the Radeon HD 5770, but I haven't come across a solution. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Having the exact same problem. Using Gigabyte GA-H61M-USB3-B3 Motherboard. Would much appreciate a response!

more installation detail pls :)

JTW2007 said:
After installing the OS 10.6.7 combo update, I am unable to reboot without using iBoot. When I try, I get the bootloader screen, but the progress bar starts at about one third of the way in and then moves backwards to 0%. Then it just hangs on the grey Apple screen with no spinning wheel. Trying to boot from safe mode gives me a black screen with a row of blue characters that I don't think my keyboard has a key for. I installed using EasyBeast first, with these settings, but when that didn't work I tried the DSDT for the Gigabyte GA-H67A-UD3H-B3, still to no avail. Based on searching the forum, I suspect that this problem has something to do with the Radeon HD 5770, but I haven't come across a solution. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Boot with iBoot to get to desktop. Run MultiBeast and select:

system utilities
drivers&bootloaders->kexts and enablers->graphics->ATI 1.6.34.13
customization->boot options->32-bit or 64-bit graphics enabler=no (chose 32-bit for 32 bit kernel, 64-bit for 64 bit kernel)

continue, install and reboot and post back what you get.

Going Bald said:
JTW2007 said:

system utilities
customization->boot options->32-bit or 64-bit graphics enabler=no (chose 32-bit for 32 bit kernel, 64-bit for 64 bit kernel)

The installation failed for both 32-bit and 64-bit.

JTW2007 said:
Going Bald said:
JTW2007 said:

system utilities

The installation failed for both 32-bit and 64-bit.
OK, try one at a time- select just the ATI kexts and install. Then run MB again and select the Boot screen graphics enabler=No and install. Then run system utilities to repair permissions and rebuild caches. If it turns out system utilities is the problem you can repair permissions and rebuild the caches by hand the old fashioned way with terminal commands.

I tried installing individually; it looks like the ATI 1.6.34.13 kext is the problem. Everything else worked fine, but the ATI 1.6.34.13 installation failed.

I'm having the same problem. I'm using the asus p8p67pro board. I used the installation method with Andy's boot cd. Everything was great until I installed the 10.6.7 update. I can't get back to the desktop. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back